Port Forwarding Raspberry pi

ChickenGaming

Reputable
Mar 19, 2015
hello i have a website on my raspberry pi, i have tryed making it public, by port forwarding it to port 80, but that didnt work, i have set protocol type to TCP&UDP, my lan port to 80 and my public port to 8200, i have also restarted my router, when i now try to connect to my website via blablabla:8200 it doesnt work, i get the error code: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED, also websites like http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ say it isnt open. please help me thanks

conneccting via 3g on my phone also doesnt work

heres a screenshot of my webinterface http://imgur.com/oj3p2ez

Solution
Just another, probably stupid question, but are you sure you're typing in your correct public IP when accessing the web page, it is likely dynamic (meaning it changes), ensure it's correct by going here.

ISP means Internet Service Provider, the company who gives you internet access. Your best bet is to give them a call and ask if you are allowed to port forward. They may have to enable it on your account, mine did.

JasonPDK

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
Are you sure you've used the correct LAN IP?
Are you sure your ISP allows you to port forward? If so, have you tried any other ports?
Do they provide NAT? Is the WAN interface on your router assigned your public IP? It's possible you could have double NAT.

ChickenGaming

Reputable
Mar 19, 2015

Are you sure you've used the correct LAN IP?: Yes i am
Are you sure your ISP allows you to port forward? If so, have you tried any other ports?: i dont know what ISP is and if it allows me to port forward, i have tryed lan port 80 and public port 80, and i now have it on lan port 80 and public port 8200
Do they provide NAT?: I think so, on my webinterface i click DATA -> NAT -> Port Mapping
Is the WAN interface on your router assigned your public IP? It's possible you could have double NAT: i dont really understand this.

thanks for the help. im really noob on this subject :)

JasonPDK

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
Just another, probably stupid question, but are you sure you're typing in your correct public IP when accessing the web page, it is likely dynamic (meaning it changes), ensure it's correct by going here.

ISP means Internet Service Provider, the company who gives you internet access. Your best bet is to give them a call and ask if you are allowed to port forward. They may have to enable it on your account, mine did.

Solution

ChickenGaming

Reputable
Mar 19, 2015

WHAAAT it worked lol, how does that work that isnt even the ip of my raspberry pi?

JasonPDK

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
That is your public IP address. The IP of your Raspberry Pi is a private address on your local network. When you forward the service on your Raspberry Pi it essentially translates: local_ip_of_pi:80 to public_ip:8200. Glad it was that simple.