Question Portable speaker with more treble, less bass?

RockyCoast

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2012
I'm Geezer First Class (80) and would like a bluetooth portable speaker but many I've seen online and heard in person all tout their special bass kick, etc. I need the opposite. I have always had trouble hearing high frequencies and now it's worse than ever. Most stuff sounds to me like it's coming through a couple of pillows. Would dearly like to hear less bass, more treble. I chatted online with the robot at one dealer and it suggested that I use the Equalizer on my phone but that only gives you preset choices, like: Lounge, Latin, Pop and such. Sure, it has "Treble Booster" but I hear no difference. I need treble blaster. And you can choose "Treble Booster" or "Bass Reducer" but not both. Is there any way to get an actual EQ panel with sliders or a speaker without bass?

You could look for portable speakers that are marketed as "high-fidelity" or "audiophile" speakers, which tend to prioritize clarity and accuracy over bass-heavy sound. These types of speakers often have smaller drivers and less emphasis on bass, which may be better suited to your preferences.

Reactions: RockyCoast

kanewolf

Titan
I'm Geezer First Class (80) and would like a bluetooth portable speaker but many I've seen online and heard in person all tout their special bass kick, etc. I need the opposite. I have always had trouble hearing high frequencies and now it's worse than ever. Most stuff sounds to me like it's coming through a couple of pillows. Would dearly like to hear less bass, more treble. I chatted online with the robot at one dealer and it suggested that I use the Equalizer on my phone but that only gives you preset choices, like: Lounge, Latin, Pop and such. Sure, it has "Treble Booster" but I hear no difference. I need treble blaster. And you can choose "Treble Booster" or "Bass Reducer" but not both. Is there any way to get an actual EQ panel with sliders or a speaker without bass?
Klipsch speakers are known for horn tweeters -- https://www.klipsch.com/portable-speakers

Klipsch speakers are known for horn tweeters -- https://www.klipsch.com/portable-speakers
looks decent, found this in reviews xD
I'm really quite happy with the sound from this speaker . I feel like we should be told about the scream it does as it powers up ,and again as it connects .This noise is loud enough that you won't want to use your speaker while anybody is sleeping .I asked about help and was pretty much told that's how it is ,you own it....