Portal 2 Gets Split-Screen Support in Big Picture Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Sweet Jesus! :D Finally! Thank you Valve. :3

Now all they need to do is support this with their L4D series and TF2.
Aaaaand allow a per-player-per-screen scheme for those of us with multiple monitors.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Sweet Jesus! Finally! Thank you Valve. :3Now all they need to do is support this with their L4D series and TF2.Aaaaand allow a per-player-per-screen scheme for those of us with multiple monitors.[/citation]

I don't think you will see such with TF2 due to the nature of the game not being co-op based. As for L4D 1/2 it is possible to play split screen coop on the PC just takes a little work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlp1j9u3T1Y though I don't know if you can play online with others doing this.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]hasten[/nom]I hope your thanks is tongue in cheek... seriously... I'm not sure what :3 means.[/citation]

What? Are you saying that continuously supporting your products is a bad thing? And :3 is an emoteicon equivalent in text form.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]The Lads[/nom]Wtf plays portal 2 with a controller?[/citation]
A lot of people. Especially when you have friends over and have the PC hooked up to the TV.

I prefer the keyboard/mouse combo, but that's because i absolutely suck at aiming at anything with the controller. :D

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
[citation][nom]The Lads[/nom]Wtf plays portal 2 with a controller?[/citation]
Some people are just more used to a controller because they have played games on consoles for so long or it works better with the game than a mouse a keyboard (Flying jets in BF3 works better with a controller than the keyboard for me anyway).

That's one of the great things about PC gaming, you get to pick your hardware instead of being forced to one imput method.

Scar89

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
[citation][nom]Gundam288[/nom]That's one of the great things about PC gaming, you get to pick your hardware instead of being forced to one imput method.[/citation]
Hear hear.

I wonder if they will add this to any more games in the future. Should be good for some co-op without needing 2 pc's setup.

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
i'm trying to play with mouse/kb for myself, and controller for my wife on our tv and having no luck. any suggestions?

i can use either for one player, but not both for different screens, as far as I can tell.

K-beam

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
Great! Now is the time to try this out with 2 Wii controllers emulating joysticks through Glovepie.
Next weekend is scripting weekend :)

G

Now if Valve could push all games on its Store to "patch" or "update" their games to support Split Screen and perhaps Online-Coop (if included in game) that would officially turn Big Picture into the PC Console. DO IT VALVE! We love you!

Imagine, not needing to pay $240 for 4 copies of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 just to play 4-players locally. Black Ops 2 should update to support 4-player split screen play, and maybe two-player online co-op. I shouldn't be forced to buy 4 copies of one game now that Big Picture is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.