Portforwarding problem with both modem and router

kenann.bara

Prominent
Apr 1, 2018
I can't portforward.I have a ZTE ZXHN810N V2.5 and i cant seem to portforward, im pretty sure I did everything right but it just didn't work.
screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/xJAM1

Basically I wanted to host a Counter-Strike tournament but I cant since i need to open 27015 ports both TCP and UDP, but it wont work.

the wish was so big, i tried to buy a router just t o try to make it work.ROuter:TP-LINK TL-WR840N, still nothing.
screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/0FBJK

I enabled DMZ, I disabled firewalls on both my router and modem and on Windows, tried uPnP still didnt work.Called my ISP they have no idea what im talking about.Any help? Others cant connect on my server and when i use PF network utilities and a couple of websites it says my ports are not open.

Even if you did the settings correct (and you did not), you can't port forward for a very simple reason: You're getting private IP address, 192.168.0.50 on your WAN port. This is kind of norm for GSM-based networks, and for some ISPs around the world. You have to work out how to get "public" IP address with your ISP.

It also seems that you have same network 192.168.0.XXX on both your WAN and LAN sides, this is another No-No.

kenann.bara

Prominent
Apr 1, 2018

Turns out it was my mistake, i changed the WAN ip from my private to the public ip, but still nothing is working my ports are still closed

kenann.bara

Prominent
Apr 1, 2018
I dont know how to see that I am not very experienced with networking so yeah you're gonna have to explain how to check.Also, I can give you my TeamViewer credentials so we can do it the easier way.

kenann.bara

Prominent
Apr 1, 2018

I dont know how to see that I am not very experienced with networking so yeah you're gonna have to explain how to check.Also, I can give you my TeamViewer credentials so we can do it the easier way.

Reset your modem / router, and reconnect to it. Go to the configuration page, somewhere there must be "Status" page showing you WAN port status - up/down, IP address, etc. Post first two numbers of the WAN IP address, like 123.234.xxx.yyy. If in doubt - call your ISP, they will know for sure.

I'm spending my working day on TV, I don't want to do that during my lunch break as well ;) And if I was you, I would not offer first person unrestricted access to my PC.

kenann.bara

Prominent
Apr 1, 2018

I see you have a good reputation on the site thats why I offerred, anyway is my WAN just my normal public adress? If yes here it is, 92.36.144.69

kenann.bara

Prominent
Apr 1, 2018

IP Address:192.168.1.2(Dynamic IP) thats the one actually, I messed up, heres the real one

This is "Private" IP address - addresses like these have million routers around the world. Your ISP is not providing you with public IP address (which is uniqie to the whole world), and nothing you do from your end will help.

By a chance - are you using satellite or mobile ISP?

kenann.bara

Prominent
Apr 1, 2018

how do i know that?

By talking to your ISP' sales / support.

By looking at how you're getting Internet service. If you have some form of cable (phone, coax, optical), you are not. If you have antennae (dish, stick, rabbit) - most probably you are.

TRENDING THREADS