Ports still closed after port forwarding

May 23, 2018
I have recently found out that my ports are no longer forwarding to my Gaming PC, I tried to port forward a Minecraft server a few months ago but it didn't work and just ignored it after I couldn't get it done.
Now I'm trying to port forward some ports for COD BO4 but none of them are opening. I even called my ISP and it wasn't on they're end. I tried calling Microsoft but they asked for money to try and solve my issue.
This has to be some computer issue that I don't know how to fix, I've been googling and looking for help for the pass 6 hours and I can't find one thing. I tried port forwarding on my phone and I get Connection Refused on the site Canyouseeme.org
I even tried port forwarding on my 2nd PC that is rarely used and I went to the Canyouseeme website and it said Connection timed out and it cant see me, I also tried the website portchecker.co and it said the port is closed.
I am super confused on what is going on with the port forwarding. Verizon doesn't know why the connection test for my PC is failing, I even done it on my 2nd PC and it failed also. I really need some help here this is the kind of stuff that I have no I idea how to do on my own as I don't even know where to start looking in the windows settings.

I never have any internet problems connection is smooth, I just wanna change my BO4 connection to OPEN and that requires me to port forward. Any help would be very much appreciated. I was able to port forward a year ago, I don't know why I can't now.

Notes:
- I had an ISP tech on my PC look at my router settings and they looked at everything even the firewall settings and they said everything looked fine.
- I went through my firewall, I didn't know what to do there.
- I've called Microsoft and they didn't even try to help me.
- I've tried resetting my router to default settings and that hasn't changed anything.
- The type of Router I use is "Verizon Fios Gateway AC1750 Wi-Fi (G1100)" it was given for free from Verizon.

Solution
Did you set up that FiOS-STUC3? Or did Verizon?

Between your router and Gaming PC are you certain that you have a known working Ethernet cable?

What physical Ethernet/LAN ports are you using to make the wired connection:

1) which port on the router and 2) which port on the Gaming PC (motherboard or PCIe or USB)?

And, again using WIN + I > Network&Internet > Status > Show available networks - what is the network name?

Use the following link as a means to check your configuration.

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fixed-local-area-connection-doesnt-valid-ip-configuration/

Do not download or install any software. Do not make any changes at this time.

Just use the guide to find, examine, and note the current configuration...

Ralston18

Titan
Did Verizon provide a User Guide?

Reference:

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/equipment/fios-quantum-gateway

Use the guide to check your G1100's current configuration.

Review the guide to ensure that everything is correctly connected and configured.

Port forwarding:

Refer to Chapter 6, Section 6.2, Page 101.

Most likely you will need to, and should, read the preceding chapters before trying to do anything.

Plan out the configuration changes that you need to make and the ports to be forwarded.

Focus on getting just one port forwarding as needed and then use that learning and experience to set up additional ports thereafter.

May 23, 2018

Yea, I port forwarded right, the tech on my PC even done it for me, their just not working at all. It was weird that I couldn't open that link on my main browser, I had to use my 2nd browser for that link to even work.
I am at a complete lost, I wonder if I ask my ISP to change my static IP that it might fix everything?

Ralston18

Titan
Does the following line diagram represent your connections?

ISP (Verizon) ---- fiber ---> Gateway, G1100 ~~~wireless~~~~> Gaming PC?

Are you able to run and post the results of "ipconfig /all" via the command prompt on your Gaming PC.

And yes, the Gaming PC will need a static IP assigned to it and reserved via the Gaming PC's MAC. The static IP address should be outside of the allowed DHCP IP address range.

You should be able to do that via admin rights to the G1100 router.

May 23, 2018

I'm using an Ethernet cable to connect to the router so i'm not wireless, and also yes my Gaming PC does have a static IP assigned.

Here's what I got when I typed the CMD command:

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DESKTOP-3KRE56K
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : fios-router.home

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : fios-router.home
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 38-D5-47-E1-EC-14
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::c071:b860:909d:3f3%19(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.240(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, October 20, 2018 3:29:23 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, October 27, 2018 1:07:30 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 104387911
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-23-0D-D7-6C-38-D5-47-E1-EC-14
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled
Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List :
fios-router.home

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 2:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : TAP-Windows Adapter V9
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-FF-CC-1F-CF-31

Ralston18

Titan
If "DESKTOP-3KRE56K is your Gaming PC, it does not have a static IP. DCHP is enabled on your wired network adapter - that being the Intel Ethernet adapter. (Reference: DHCP Enabled...…: Yes).

At the moment, the router (192.168.1.1) is assigning "DESKTOP" a dynamic IP address of 192.168.1.240

In the router, change the allowable DHCP IP address range to 192.168.1.10 to 192.168.1.20 (allows for 11 active network devices).

Then reserve Static IP address 192.168.1.24 for your gaming PC via its' MAC.

If that PC is "DESKTOP" the MAC is 38-D5-47-E1-EC-14.

Some additional background information for you:

https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-a-static-ip-address-2626012

https://www.lifewire.com/using-static-ip-address-on-private-computer-818404

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-port-forward-4163829

I intentionally stayed with one "source" as a matter of consistency.

Do feel free to look for other tutorials and readings as you deem necessary. Especially if there is some lingering question or questions.

Once you have a sense of the what's and how's you should be able to get port forwarding up and running as needed.

And do be aware that there are various philosophies, "best practices", etc. with respect to the IP address configuration overall.

Plan it out on paper. Configure the gaming-pc's network adapter to ensure that it has both network and internet connectivity via the assigned Static IP. Hopefully you should not need to do any reconfiguration on other network devices.

Then go to the router and set up port forwarding to just one port on the Gaming- PC per the game's port requirements. Get that port working and use what you learn to get the other ports configured and working.

May 23, 2018

I just did everything you just said and nothing has changed, the only thing that changed was my Gaming PC's IP, when I went to do the stuff you said about the IP range my PC already had a static IP, and now it 100% does.
Heres an image.
I went in the CMD again and typed in ipconfig /all and nothing has changed in there expect the IP I changed, everything else is still the same. I also restarted my PC and router when I did everything.

I even tried the websites like canyouseeme and Portchecker. Canyouseeme says connection timed out and Portchecker said it was closed. I'm still lost, why is nothing working.

May 23, 2018

I dont know how to find the destination port number for my PC, what you linked I did try that but portchecker and canyouseeme are still doing the same thing.

Ralston18

Titan
The game you are playing should specify the port number(s) that need to be opened and the protocol to be used.

TCP, UDP, or both.

More for you to read.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/port-forwarding-router/

And be sure to note the mention and use of "ipconfig /all". As you have already made use of.

May 23, 2018

Ok, I can't even follow the steps in what you linked because its asking for "Local Area Connection" which it seems I don't have. I only have these 2 here.
Also here is the ipconfig:
Windows IP Configuration

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.15(Preferred)
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, October 27, 2018 11:23:25 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, October 28, 2018 11:23:25 AM
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
fios-router.home

As you can see the "DHCP Enabled" is still set to "Yes" after doing what you said.

Ralston18

Titan
Did you set up that FiOS-STUC3? Or did Verizon?

Between your router and Gaming PC are you certain that you have a known working Ethernet cable?

What physical Ethernet/LAN ports are you using to make the wired connection:

1) which port on the router and 2) which port on the Gaming PC (motherboard or PCIe or USB)?

And, again using WIN + I > Network&Internet > Status > Show available networks - what is the network name?

Use the following link as a means to check your configuration.

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fixed-local-area-connection-doesnt-valid-ip-configuration/

Do not download or install any software. Do not make any changes at this time.

Just use the guide to find, examine, and note the current configuration settings.

Solution
May 23, 2018

Verizon setup the internet no one else did, also I'm using an Ethernet Cable for the internet, its a 60ft one.
I only have one port on my motherboard, its not a USB port. Both the router and the mother are using PCIe ports.
The network name I get is FiOS-STUC3

The first step in the link I dont have "Network Address" so I cant even follow that one.
The second one tells me to reinstall the internet driver, I found my driver but didn't download it yet as like you said.
And the third step tells me to add my IP address and to add the DNS server they provide, I tried that and nothing has changed.

Also, while we was doing all of this one of my games connection changed to the one I wanted, but all my port forwarding still isnt working which is weird so I'm actually confused.

Ralston18

Titan
First: Does the following match your understanding of the ports to be forwarded for COD BO4?

PC
TCP:3074, 27014-27050
UDP: 3478, 4379-4380, 27000-27031, 27036

Second: we need to certain that you are using the correct Ethernet ports. Ethernet cables may be up to 328 feet long so you are well within the limits provided that the 60 foot cable is not defective in some manner. Cable should be marked Cat5e or better.

Take a careful look at the ports being used for both ends of the cable. The motherboard should have its own LAN port but you can also have additional Ethernet ports via a USB port or a PCIe slot. Only one Ethernet port, actually the adapter, should be enabled.

On the router side, the Ethernet cable should be plugged into a numbered LAN port.

Are you able to click and select the Fios-STUC3 adapter? Ensure that it is enabled and that the other ethernet port is disabled.

May 23, 2018

Yes, those are the ports I tried to port forward to, I removed them and it seems something we did it fixed the game connection type I wanted, there was no update or anything I went in game and checked the connection type and its the type I wanted so I dont know how that happened, port forwarding still isnt working as the port that a lot of people use "25565" it isnt working at all. My port forwarding worked a year ago I have no clue on what happened, nothing on the internet has changed.

Yea, the cable has been plugged in and hasn't moved in 3 years, its on the first slot on the router. I dont know the name of certain ports since I never really have issues with ports so, i'm using the Ethernet port on my motherboard. If you wanna know the name of my motherboard I have a "z170-e" thats the name of my motherboard.

So your talking about in the Control Panel where Network Connections is? There's Ethernet and Ethernet 2, Ethernet 2 seems to be enabled, do you want me to disable that? I just wanna make sure.

**UPDATE**
I forgot to check the ipconfig /all command yesterday, it seems the DHCP is changed but, portchecker and canyouseeme still says my ports are closed. I wonder if the sites are broken or something, but here is the ipconfig:

Windows IP Configuration

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.15(Preferred)
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 8.8.8.8
fios-router.home

Ralston18

Titan
It appears that you configured your network adapter with a static IP (192.168.1.15)

On the router, did you use your network adapter's MAC to reserve that IP for your computer?

The router then needs to be configured to forward traffic to the ports relevant to the game you are playing.

Look in the router's User Guide for how to do so.

May 23, 2018

My ports are working again!!! Thank you so much! I re-added my ports and tried the websites again, and it says its opened!! I tested out my other ports and their all working. Thanks a lot you were a big help, I wonder why Verizon couldn't help me.
The fix might have been that one link that told me to put my ip in that one link, I did forget to check the ipconfig /all since we didn't see that yet so that might have fixed it, maybe all I did was had to re-add my ports back after that and it works.