Ports suddenly closed?

Arkius

Reputable
Mar 2, 2014
Recently I attempted moving my Minecraft server to another PC. I first tried transferring the server file directly via flashdrive to no avail. Next, I tried installing a fresh server on that computer and then replacing the map. Still, nobody (including me on my other PC) couldn't connect. This really confuses me, as I've already port forwarded for both PC's, and both ports. The server runs fine, just can't connect. Anyone have a solution?

Here's some random info:

Did have to install a fresh Java, as it was severely outdated

canyouseeme.org reports that 25565, the default MC port, is closed on both my main pc and the second one. This is odd considering I can still host on this computer, and the ports are very clearly forwarded.

Second computer is notably slower than the first, though this shouldn't have an effect.

Thanks guys!

Arkius

Reputable
Mar 2, 2014

It's empty :/

well, I fear the network/IP setup might need some more clarifying in that case.
on computer running the server, to join, you need to join IP 127.0.0.1
on other computer (your own) it is likely something like 192.168.0.54 or.. whatever the internal IP for server computer is. (assuming this is at your home)

and.. it is of course completely possible that whatever firewall you have on the server computer, is not allowing minecraft server to accept incoming connections or wont allow it to connect to outside. (quite likely the reason)