Portsmouth Tourney report, March-May 2005.

The final of the extended-over-several evenings Portsmouth tourney took
place in the Northcote Hotel on the 18th of May and the following
Methuselahs qualified:

First seed - Steve Read, playing Toreador vote.
Second Seed - Michael McClellan aka Anklebiter, playing !Brujah
bleed/bash with a healthy dose of Rush.
Third Seed - Garry Scarlett playing Tzimisce.
Joint Fourth Seed - Carolyn Caldwell playing Malk/!Malk stealth bleed
with an unhealthy dose of Coma and a smidgen of intercept, and John
Keech playing Stanislawa. Except for John [who played something else,
rather forgettable, during the heats] all players kept to the deck they
had played throughout the tournament.

Not qualified and playing on the Lib Dem/Conservative/Respect/BNP table
were m'self aka Legbiter, Ioannis Manolaridis and Richard Bennet. Who
cares what we played? We were LOSERS!!!!

This tournament was supposed to have finished 3 weeks ago, but didn't
because of one week which saw a Pompey-at-home match [making parking
down by the Northcote Hotel nigh impossible] and two weeks when John
Keech had Other Engagements, believed to be a euphemism for shagging.

Seating order was Anklebiter, Carolyn, John, Garry, Steve. In the event
it was Anklebiter who bore away the spoils, winning 4VP, with John
Keech second on 1, and all the others on Zippo. Highlights of the game
included Steve Justicar Retributioning his predator's Stanislawa, and
Anklebiter BREAKING A DEAL!!!!! To see how funny this is, put
Anklebiter as author into a rgt-cj search, and then laugh and point.
Anklebiter, it is fair to say, denies that there was any deal as such
to be broken. Steve, it is fair to say, holds no grudge against
Anklebiter. M'self, it is fair to say, am proud as punch, feeling a bit
like Darth Vader would have done had Luke said, as he should have,
"Yes, Father - I WILL embrace the Dark Side."

Here is Anklebiter's deck, his second constructed tourney win and third
overall, not bad for a boy of sixteen. All his own work, except for the
title where I helped a bit.

DECK NAME: "If Violence Isn't the Answer, it Must Have Been a Silly
Question v 1.01"
CREATED BY: Michael McClellan aka Anklebiter.
great deck in and of itself but powerful because of its creator's
acquired symbiosis with it.
EXCUSE FOR POSTING: Unbeaten in 8-player tourney March-May 2005,
overall winner. Not eligible for listing in TWDA because of small
tourney size and multi-deck rules.

CRYPT [12 vampire cards]:
Amelia
Bronwen isn't it Boyo
Evangeline
Jacko
Jacob Bragg
Jeremiah Noble
Jimmy Dunn [Pander, all the rest are !Brujah]
Richter, The Templar of Du Mont
Rigby, Crusade Vanguard
Sela x 2
Victor Tolliver

LIBRARY [89 cards]

MASTER [14]
Amusement Park Hunting Ground
Archon Investigation
The Barrens
Blood Doll
Celerity
Depravity
Direct Intervention
Dreams of the Sphinx
Elder Library
Gang Territory
Minion Tap
Potence
Presence
The Rumor Mill, Tabloid Newspaper

MINION [75]
ACTION [14]
Ambush x 4
Bum's Rush x 3
Enchant Kindred
Heart of the City
Legal Manipulations x 3
Social Charm x 2
ACTION MODIFIER [2]
Iron Glare x 2
COMBAT [48]
Blur x 5
Disarm x 2
Flash x 4
Immortal Grapple x 6
Psyche x 2
Pursuit x 4
Pushing the Limit x 2
Sideslip x 3
Taste of Vitae x 5
Thrown Sewer Lid x 5
Torn Signpost x 6
Undead Strength x 4
EQUIPMENT [3]
..44 Magnum
Leather Jacket
Sport Bike
REACTION [7]
Elder Intervention
Forced Awakening x 2
Vendetta
WWEF x 3
RETAINER [1]
Mr Winthrop

Well done, Anklebiter! Each finalist got a booster, choosing in order
of VP, and everyone got promo cards, even the losers.

There will be another tourney, identical format, starting next
Wednesday which is, er, June the somethingth. This time I will put it
on the calendar. All are welcome, especially Frenchies, for whom we
will provide free meal and board. Frenchies for these purposes includes
other Europeans and, for that matter, Americans, oh sod it, Earthlings.
Do daleks play Jyhad? Them too, then. The tourney is free, but Daleks
will have to sleep on the ground floor on account of the stair thing.

Did I mention that I won the Losers table? Well now I did. 2 to me, 1
to Richard.

Carl

> but Daleks
> will have to sleep on the ground floor on account of the stair thing.

Ellleeevate.

New dr-who is pretty good.

sorry for the OT.