[SOLVED] Possibility of removing ISP-imposed speed restrictions for 4G LTE home broadband connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2020
Hey guys!

I use a 4G LTE home broadband connection. My ISP uses LTE CAT 4 (150 Mbps down / 50 Mbps up) over LTE Band 3 (FDD). I also have my cell phone plan with the same ISP. Both my iPhone & Huawei 4G LTE home broadband router receive the exact same signal.

However, my ISP caps my home broadband connection speed to a maximum of 90 Mbps down / 10 Mbps up despite claiming that there are no limits/restrictions on the connection speed - the package is advertised as 'Max 4G speed'. I confirmed with customer support that 90/10 are indeed the limits imposed.

On the other hand, speed tests on my iPhone's LTE connection show that speeds of up to 145 Mbps down / 40 Mbps up are actually possible, especially during off-peak hours. Once again, both my iPhone & home router receive the exact same signal, and I conduct the speed tests on both devices from the exact same spot at my place to ensure consistency.

My question is: Is there a way (hack/workaround) for me to remove these speed restrictions imposed by my ISP? If so, how?

Solution
Hey guys!

I use a 4G LTE home broadband connection. My ISP uses LTE CAT 4 (150 Mbps down / 50 Mbps up) over LTE Band 3 (FDD). I also have my cell phone plan with the same ISP. Both my iPhone & Huawei 4G LTE home broadband router receive the exact same signal.

However, my ISP caps my home broadband connection speed to a maximum of 90 Mbps down / 10 Mbps up despite claiming that there are no limits/restrictions on the connection speed - the package is advertised as 'Max 4G speed'. I confirmed with customer support that 90/10 are indeed the limits imposed.

On the other hand, speed tests on my iPhone's LTE connection show that speeds of up to 145 Mbps down / 40 Mbps up are actually possible, especially during off-peak hours. Once...

kanewolf

Titan
Hey guys!

On the other hand, speed tests on my iPhone's LTE connection show that speeds of up to 145 Mbps down / 40 Mbps up are actually possible, especially during off-peak hours. Once again, both my iPhone & home router receive the exact same signal, and I conduct the speed tests on both devices from the exact same spot at my place to ensure consistency.

My question is: Is there a way (hack/workaround) for me to remove these speed restrictions imposed by my ISP? If so, how?
This board does not support hacking or bypassing imposed limitations. Thread closed.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.