Question Possible cause of FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPT_PAGE?

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
I've checked RAM, verified Windows files, and located a virtual graphics adapter driver that may have caused the bluescreens. No more have occurred (yet), but is there anything else I should do? Is there a specific cause for this BSoD?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Corrupt Page could be ram or hdd

Pages are how windows allocates memory, page file in on hdd but it could be ram as well.

How did you check ram? Did you run memtest?
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

Did you check HDD?
try running hd sentinel and under the disk tab, run the short and long test.

its funny seeing that line in your sig,

Last edited:

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
I did test the HDD, and I did run Memtest. I'm planning on running it again just to be sure, but as I said no errors have occurred since I uninstalled my virtual graphics adapter driver for Spacedesk, which I did because event viewer showed critical errors at the same time as warnings that the driver had failed to load.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do the next step just in case it happens again

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

You may have fixed it yourself.

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
Update: New BSOD, "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER." WhoCrashed reports it was caused by NT Kernel (ntoskrnl.exe).

Minidump

Another critical error shut off the system when I was not using it, "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT." WhoCrashed reports a corrupted PTE, so it might be my RAM after all... Will be reseating and testing again.

Minidump 2

Edit: Also, not sure if it's relevant, but the mainboard (chipset) thermal sensor reports a blistering 117C... but this is likely a bad (or nonexistent) sensor, as the heatsink is lukewarm, at best, to the touch.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS