Possible CPU crashing issue

May 13, 2018
Hello, I have been having an issue lately with my computer where it will crash at random intervals close to once or twice a week. It only recently started doing this. How it happens is all of a sudden the screen will turn black, the speaker on the mother board makes one beep, and the computer restarts. I used Event Viewer to see the error messages and one says
"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."
It described that error as critical and the source was "Kernel-Power"
Another error message I got maybe 2 weeks ago was
"Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\lync.exe.Manifest".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\UccApi.DLL" on line 1. Component identity found in manifest does not match the identity of the component requested. Reference is UccApi,processorArchitecture="AMD64",type="win32",version="16.0.0.0". Definition is UccApi,processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32",version="16.0.0.0". Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.".
I am thinking there may be a hardware failure in the CPU.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have lost countless essays because of this.

Solution
The error message suggests that you have something wrong with your Microsoft Office.

Reinstall the MS Office and see if the problem persists.

If you suspect it's CPU failure, at first, make sure that your CPU temperature is at a moderate level all the time (50-60°C).
May 13, 2018
Sorry for the delayed response

System specs are as follows:

AMD Athlon(tm) X4 860K Quad Core Processor 3.70GHz CPU
8.00 GB of installed RAM
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Gigabyte Technology Co baseboard
Western Digital Blue 1TB HDD
Zotac GeForce GTX 750 ti 2GB GPU
Microsoft Windows 10 Home
EVGA 420W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply

If anything more is needed please let me know

May 18, 2018
The error message suggests that you have something wrong with your Microsoft Office.

Reinstall the MS Office and see if the problem persists.

If you suspect it's CPU failure, at first, make sure that your CPU temperature is at a moderate level all the time (50-60°C).

Solution