[SOLVED] Possible Driver/DirectX issue

tsion.jw

Commendable
Nov 28, 2018
I believe there is something wrong with my DirectX.

Multiple games I regularly (Modern Warfare 2019, Overwatch, Apex Legends, Escape From Tarkov, and Forza Horizon 4) have been crashing a lot recently. Typically these crashes have some sort of error relating to DirectX, typically Dev Error 6068 and error 0x887a0006 for Modern Warfare, and DXGI_ERROR_Device_HUNG for Apex Legends, and I'm at my wit's end for what's wrong. I've been having this issue for a bit and ended up having to RMA my GPU due to a crash causing my displays not to function and ended being sent an entirely new card but the issues still continue.

So far I have tried:

Overclocking both GPU and CPU (one site said this would fix one of the errors)

I have tried undervolting my GPU

I have completely reinstalled the games, my drivers, and windows (windows 3 times now)

I have reverted to older drivers that I know the game worked properly on.

And I have tried running the games as admin as well.

Extra Info:

The crashing doesn't seem to be consistent always specifically for Call of Duty sometimes it's whenever I finish a match, sometimes it's when I first join a match, and sometimes it's right after I get to the main menu after launching.

Oh and I also sometimes get a pop up from the AMD software stating a driver timeout has occurred

When looking at event viewer errors relating to these games come up as Application hang with the Hang type being Top level window is idle.

Forza simply freezes then crashes to desktop idk what is causing that one.

System Specs:

CPU Ryzen 5 1600X

RAM G.Skillz Ripjaws V 32GB @ 3000Mhz

GPU RX 5700XT THICC III (was originally THICC II but was sent THICC III after RMA)

PSU Thermaltake Smart Series 700W

MOBO ASUS PRIME B350M-A

Any and all help would be appreciated, thank you all in advance.

tsion.jw

Commendable
Nov 28, 2018
Have you tried playing with only one monitor plugged in? Have you updated the BIOS recently? If not try to play with only one monitor first and if the issues continue update your BIOS. If you have a lot of power outages in your area you should get a ups battery. BIOS update instructions: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1044348/
One monitor didn't change anything. And I tried the bios update but it didn't help for long as the crashes returned later on that day.