Possible faulty CPU

LaserGuidedMelon

Reputable
Nov 5, 2015
Hello, so I have been having lots of BSODs lately of varying types (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL,
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,
CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED,
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION,
KERNEL_MODE_TRAP,
KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and many more I cannot remember)

In total; 4 different graphics cards have been tried (aswell as on-board graphics), 5 drives, 4 different sticks of RAM, 2 power supplies and several versions of windows 10 installation media on several different USB sticks. After trying all of this and still having the bluescreens appear I took the PC to a repair shop which tested everything apart from the CPU and motherboard as they did not have a processor and board to switch out and came to the same conclusion I did of it either being the CPU or the motherboard. I then took the PC to my college and tried the processor in one of their machines, this ran for about 5 minutes without any error and was then shutdown and the CPU placed back into my PC as the people in the IT department were busy and had to get onto other things. Thinking it was the motherboard as the CPU ran fine on their machine I purchased a replacement (Asus z170-e), built it up and then had the same group of bluescreens occur. After trying all of the above components again on this new board and getting absolutely nowhere I paid a friend with some beer to come over and switch out our components until we could figure it out. His processor ran fine in my machine for about an hour then it was shut down and we tested my processor in his machine and it started blue screening yet again. To us this was pretty conclusive that my processor has decided to kick the bucket.

I am wondering if there is any possibility that we are wrong and there is some other explanation for why this is happening.

In case anyone needs my specs;
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: Palit SuperJetstream 1060 6gb
RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2400mhz
Motherboard: ASRock z170 pro4s (original motherboard)
Asus z170-e (new motherboard)
PSU: Corsair CX600
SSD: Kingston UV400 240gb
HDD: Toshiba something something 500gb

Thanks in advance for any help and sorry if I have forgotten to add anything.

breakingfelony

Reputable
Aug 1, 2014
Hi,

Have you tried to using DDU and reinstalling the graphics driver and uninstalling and reinstalling vital drivers (USB, updating chipset etc)? Might also be worth fresh installing Windows onto another HDD and putting it in the PC then running a few tests and games to see what happens.