Feb 9, 2020
Specs:
CPU:I5-9600KF
RAM: 2x8gb DDR4 XPG SPECTRIX D41 TUF
MOBO: MSI Z390-A Pro
GPU: AORUS GeForce GTX 1060 Xtreme Edition 6G
STORAGE: ST1000DM010 1 tb hdd
PSU: Corsair 550W CX550M 80 Plus Bronze

Hello everyone, I have recently upgraded my computer and have run into a problem while gaming that I think is a GPU problem or possibly a PSU one
I have upgraded everything on the computer apart from the HDD and the GPU (with an SSD on the way)
While browsing the internet and etc the computer works just fine, but whenever I boot a game like PUBG and have the GPU on 99% utilization my entire computer freezes after a random time interval, sometimes 5 minutes sometimes 25, but never above that, and the only way to use the computer again is to manually reboot it. GPU temps are fine, maxing out at about 68°, CPU also runs fine at 56% utilization and max 63°.
I have used memtest86 for a possible ram problem but it found no errors, and have also tried DDU, but to no effect, updated all my drivers even my motherboard BIOS. The only thing that worked was switching my current 1060 to an older 1050, I played for 2 hours with no issues.
So I'm left wondering if there's any way to know for sure if it's the GPU or possibly the PSU that is causing the issue or even the motherboard? (I also have suspicions of the HDD since it used to take me around 10 minutes to boot before I upgraded, tho I ran CrystalDisk and it says the disk health is Good) I searched on the internet for a long time and have found no results that fixed my problem apart from switching the GPU any suggestions or help would be appreciated
I still haven't done a clean install of Windows except for the one I did when upgrading my processor

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2020
I had already run that test when I had just upgraded my PC and everything seemed fine apart from the HDD which I was already planning on upgrading : Test 1 , I ran it again now : Test 2 and everything seems to be pretty much the same apart from the HDD which looks to have gotten a bit worse (probably because I have more stuff in it now lol) , the problem is still occurring and I haven't found any other solution apart from switching the GPU :/