Possible GPU upgrade on outdated hardware?

SwiftOwl

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016
Some system background:
I have a "relatively" (or literally) old stock system that's had no modifications (HP desktop, manufactured in 2009, though "only actively used" (for video viewing and some games like starcraft 2, some WoW, Rift, War Thunder, League of Legends, tried Elder Scrolls Online, among others over the span of 2 to 4 years ago to today).
All of its specifics are linked here: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c01746796, which are in summary:
2.3 ghz AMD 9650(tm) quad-core processor, 8 Ghz DDR2 RAM, GeForce 9100 integrated GPU, and... 300 watt PSU, among other specifics, -all- stock, which is still running well with minimal (if any) hiccups despite its age (well, besides a few very specific sub-set of brown-colored 6.5v capacitors with swollen tops on its motherboard that I'll replace, though hasn't affected this system at all [yet]. Only found those after some annual de-dusting.).

I'm well aware that there are better systems out there currently than this system I have, as its CPU (even if quad-core and was good or decent during its prime) is not as good as more current CPUs, but upgrading that necessarily means replacing the motherboard (due to stock motherboard compatibilities), the PSU, etc., or simply get or try constructing a new system, which I don't plan on doing anytime soon.

Question
That said, I'm not looking to get a new system, though I'm curious on other GPU options to "replace" or "upgrade" it's GeForce 9100 GPU within a sub-$150 or sub-$200 budget, ideally without needing to buy a new PSU (despite limits of a stock 300w PSU).
I'm still looking around, though I'm considering this ZOTAC GeForce GTX 750 Ti due to it being supposedly superior to other compatible options, while claiming to be ok/compatible with my stock system (60 watt usage and thus supposedly ok with a 300w PSU, compatible with Vista or Win7 and directX 11, possibly compatible with my system's motherboard (Pegatron M2N78-LA (Violet)) and CPU, among a few others, even if it's likely this GPU may (or will be) bottle-necked by my system [due to CPU, and its PCIe x16 connector not being a PCIe 3.0 x16, and maybe more] (in contrast to my GeForce 9100 being somewhat a bottle-necker currently).

Did I miss any extra check-marks to check? Is the option I linked a valid option, or are there more compatible or better alternatives out there?

Solution
You can upgrade to the GTX 750 Ti it needs a 300w as shown in Nvidia's Offical Site:

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-750-ti/specifications

But you probably will see a bottleneck on CPU intesive games such as GTA V Battlefield 4 ect.
And lastly you probably need to upgrade that PSU since its from a HP Desktop which is premade they dont really make well rounded builds i fear that the PSU is some cheap Chineese one which is dangerous for your system.After the GPU i suggest upgrading the PSU.

Enrax

Commendable
Mar 29, 2016
You can upgrade to the GTX 750 Ti it needs a 300w as shown in Nvidia's Offical Site:

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-750-ti/specifications

But you probably will see a bottleneck on CPU intesive games such as GTA V Battlefield 4 ect.
And lastly you probably need to upgrade that PSU since its from a HP Desktop which is premade they dont really make well rounded builds i fear that the PSU is some cheap Chineese one which is dangerous for your system.After the GPU i suggest upgrading the PSU.

Solution