Ryarwood99

Reputable
Oct 26, 2014
Okay a long description to help pinpoint the problem. Firstly system specs:
I7 6700k w/ cooler master 212
EVGA 1070
Asus Sabertooth
EVGA 850w

So this is actually an older system that used to run with a 980ti but I sold that when I no longer needed it. Then I left it in our basement for a while after I went back to school and stopped doing audio recording and mixing. Recently I brought it back up and started to get into gaming again. I found a 1070 for $220 so that may very well be the problem. But anyway I've been experiencing random restarts. No blue screen just shuts off and back on. It's not during gaming and my temps are fine during stress tests. Most of the crashes come after I plug something into the computer (keyboard etc.) But recently it crashed after I sat next to it (I did not come in contact) Our house is very old and while I have 3 pronged outlets in my room, other rooms do not so I'm not sure the grounding is actually correct or just a 3 socket wired like a 2. The PC is in a power strip regardless (not that it would matter that much if that's the case). This has never happened before bringing it back up. I completely tore it apart and cleaned the dust and made sure the mb standoffs were all in correctly. Any ideas?

Ryarwood99

Reputable
Oct 26, 2014
Also, when running the output from the my scarlet there is a hum/ static in the output which is making me think more grounding/electrical problem. But the speakers are plugged into another outlet so that may also be the problem