Question Possible hdd failure

yash.veer.yv26

Reputable
Feb 18, 2018
So recently I've been having a lot of problems windows freezing on boot,it takes longer to boot, A lot of apps crashing randomly and the screen randomly going black and the sound glitches when it goes black it sometimes just completely freezes and pc crashes (occurs quite often) I'm not quite sure if it's hdd or maybe something related to my gpu because I use a dvid to vga converter any help please?I can't reinstall everything on my ssd I have too much stuff to reinstall and slow internet
Specs
:Core i3 9100f
Msi gt 1030
8gb ram 2666mhz
350gb toshiba, 500 gb ssd

yash.veer.yv26

Reputable
Feb 18, 2018
Disk is in best shape, Are your windows installed on the SSD? How about it's health ?
If it's just as good you probably have problem with your windows.
For starters, run SFC /SCANNOW in command prompt (as Administrator). I would also scan for malware.
hey thanks a lot for your reply my windows is on my hdd and ssd health is 100% i've also had the ssd for less than one year now , while the hdd is around 3 years old. i did the sfc scannow and it said that there were no integrity violations and after a scan with malware bytes i also found no malware i think im going to try reinstalling windows on my ssd

hey thanks a lot for your reply my windows is on my hdd and ssd health is 100% i've also had the ssd for less than one year now , while the hdd is around 3 years old. i did the sfc scannow and it said that there were no integrity violations and after a scan with malware bytes i also found no malware i think im going to try reinstalling windows on my ssd
That would really be for the best. You want windows and most essential programs on it because it's much faster.

yash.veer.yv26

Reputable
Feb 18, 2018
That would really be for the best. You want windows and most essential programs on it because it's much faster.
Hey I need your help, so I reinstalled windows 4 times and the issue still persists sometimes even on bios screen and sometimes it works for a while and then freezes I suppose this is a gpu failure, but I use a dvid d to vga converter, my gpu is fairly not too old probably 2 years old,while the rest of the components haven't even been through one year sometimes the pc works fine for a few minutes then it flashes and restarts or it may work days on end until I turn it off I'm at my wits end I don't know what to do well if it is the gpu I was going to buy a new one anyways but I just want to make sure it's that ,it freezes in safe mode too

Last edited: