Question possible mini pc setup for power outages ?

killercripple

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2013
just spent 2 days w/o power and couldn't do anything ( have muscular dystrophy & pretty much bed bound)
spent my time staring at the walls... I've done that too many times now. Time fix it
My thought was a mini pc

Beelink SER5 with 8-Core AMD Ryzen 7 5800H​

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C4GVBCRQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=AMSFF11DD0K5A&th=1
plan to hook that to my current monitor {LG 32" 4K lg 32ud59-b }
then i can watch movies/tv shows off my external HDD.

I plan on buying a solar generator {ECOFLOW river 2 pro (768Wh)
That setup should run it for a day 2 right? at least 1. the beelink under full load is on 45W and the LG is 50W. I figure since i want be pushing the computer and ill turn the brightness on the monitor down. If i pull more than 100Watts total I'd be surprised.
I have a plain gas generator that we we use for my medical equipment, lights, space heater (if it gets to cold) & w/e might be needed. i was also looking into a small inverter generator (2000W-3000W). for the times when the power goes out for 3+ days

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
Your solar generator will provide you with 7hrs+ of continuous usage with a consumption of 100w (on battery). The site does say it will provide about 1.8kwh if solar charging is used too, so that would mean 18hrs of continuous usage with 100w consumption.

In a real world scenario, these numbers are lower, and so is your consumption too, so I reckon those measurements be accurate.