Possible Motherboard Problem? Something worse? Need Some Help.

Sep 1, 2018
Hey! I've built a computer for my friend, (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RdyQGG) but we've run into some bumps. Everything's plugged in right, we've checked dozens upon dozens of times, and when we power it on the motherboard it's LEDs turn on, the case fans and the cpu cooler fan spin up, and we get the debug lights for the CPU and the RAM, but not VGA or boot. And I really want to say it's an issue with the video card, but none of the USBs work, even the ones that are physically attached to the motherboard. I'm going to be receiving parts for my PC in the near future, so I was thinking of using my motherboard when it arrives and breadboarding it. (Pardon my possible misuse of the term) Thank you for reading, and we're so eager to get this bad boy running :)

Solution
As mentioned you will need to update your bios for it to be compatible with your cpu. The bad news is you need a compatible cpu to do so such as 1st gen ryzen or even a crappy a6 9500 would do the trick. You can either take it to a store and pay a fee to get your bios updated, you could borrow a cpu from someone, you could purchase a cheap a6 9500 (which is a waste of money but still an option), you could apply for a ryzen boot kit from amd if thats still a thing or you could return the mobo and get a compatible one instead.

tejayd

Prominent
Mar 11, 2018
Did you update the bios? 300 series boards need a bios update to properly run 2nd gen ryzen.
"Some AMD B350 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Pinnacle Ridge CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions."

Sep 1, 2018

How would I go about doing this? Because as of now I don't think I'd even be able to get the bios to show considering the state of the USBs

As mentioned you will need to update your bios for it to be compatible with your cpu. The bad news is you need a compatible cpu to do so such as 1st gen ryzen or even a crappy a6 9500 would do the trick. You can either take it to a store and pay a fee to get your bios updated, you could borrow a cpu from someone, you could purchase a cheap a6 9500 (which is a waste of money but still an option), you could apply for a ryzen boot kit from amd if thats still a thing or you could return the mobo and get a compatible one instead.

Solution
If you just got the system, I would send the motherboard back, say it doesn't work and upgrade to a 450 and shouldn't have any problems. In theory, if it comes all from the same supplier, they should warn you about it, but also shouldn't have any problem with your returning it in perfect order and "upgrading" to the 450 model.

Phone them

Sep 1, 2018

Thanks a bunch, and just to confirm, I shouldn't worry about none of the USBs working?