Possible overheating issue?

BowPerson

Commendable
May 3, 2016
Hey guys, recently when trying to play certain more demanding games (e.g overwatch) my computer will randomly turn itself off. This will occur more frequently when the graphics settings are turned up.

After testing my cpu (Intel i7 4770) I have noticed that it's temperature is only between 60-70 degrees C. Is this possibly the issue or is it something else? Thanks.

P.s my GPU is a Nvidia gtx 780 and seems to have no issues running most games at the highest setting.

Solution

Not that I can think of at the moment. But the CX line is the problematic line of Corsair PSUs. They have weak capacitors and lower quality than other Corsairs.
On the other hand, there could be other issues. Kinda hard to troubleshoot from afar. But shutdowns and reboots are quite often a PSU problem.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Not that I can think of at the moment. But the CX line is the problematic line of Corsair PSUs. They have weak capacitors and lower quality than other Corsairs.
On the other hand, there could be other issues. Kinda hard to troubleshoot from afar. But shutdowns and reboots are quite often a PSU problem.

Solution