[SOLVED] Possible RAM issue?

Mr_Spetzer

Prominent
Jun 26, 2020
Near the beginning of 2020 I encountered an issue I thought nothing of since at the time I had like- I wanna say 15 chrome tabs open due to a project I was doing.
I was playing Fallout: New Vegas one night, when the game crashed, it's Fallout so I thought nothing of it at first. But it was odd because it claimed that I was out of usable memory. This was of course odd seeing as I have 32GB of RAM installed in my mobo.

A few days pass, leave my computer on over night, and all of a sudden I come back the next morning seeing that all the tabs, programs, and other background items I was running were closed out, and an error message for a few of them came up. Some of them giving error codes for their programs while others out right stated- 'Out of Memory'. By this point I knew I had a problem, but I slept on it for many more months until around now.

I started to get annoyed by it a month back when I initially thought that my problems after Discord started to malfunction was due to my internet, because it was small at first, just a few call disconnects here and there and messages coming in slowly or edited messages not appearing for a few minutes. I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, did it again this time erasing my app data for it. Nothing worked. I didn't think it was related to my current issue until things began to get much worse for myself.

Games/Programs were often times refusing to work several hours after my last restart, getting more frequent. Discord disconnected my calls much more frequently with longer times of soundless calls with friends and chrome started to lag a lot while I was able to host Games online just fine without any hiccups. I installed another windows partition thinking it was a virus on my main one or something but it wasn't case due to having the same issues albeit at a smaller rate. Now almost every time I receive a message on Discord or chrome starts eating more RAM one of them crashes, Discord more frequently though.

I don't have a RAM tester or any USB's to download memtest to see if I can discern if it is or not. All I know is that whatever it is it's getting worse.

TL;DR: Program crashes, frequent call disconnects and chrome going screwy and then claiming there's no memory when there is 70% claimed to be not in use. Please help I'm stupid.