Possible Solutions for exiled threads!!!

pokemon

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
I think there is a solution for answering some of the questions left in other threads, you know, like the ones that average .01 posts per topic (an endless amount of topics with 0 posts and an occasional 1 or 2).

I really like the "New Forum Topics" as it is on the main page, but what really is the reason some of these people would look on there. Is it really to help someone else, is it just to learn a thing or two, or to answer a problem they have themselves Usually if I know enough about the topic, I can help them or at least lead them in the right direction. Maybe we should get some sort of form for each member, something that could easily be incorporated into their profile as their interests, that they could edit, and use this in a similar effect with the scrolling topic lister, to achieve a more efficient way of listing things the member could answer.

I know there are plenty of questions that aren't noobish, that are asked in some of those abondoned forums that could be answered by someone, with the knowledge, who never goes there. If I have questions about LCDs, I go to that thread, but if I don't have any questions, I don't usually bother.

Just a suggestion. I don't know how to code, but I think the topic lister searches all of the forums for the most recent topics and lists about 20 of the most recent ones. Since most of the posting happens in the hardware section, any of the new ones from other catagories are soon lost, as they are never updated because no one answers their question. So in essence, if the lister looks for the most recent and for ones in their expertise (we could just incorporate the listings into one), you could answer many more questions.

I don't see much purpose in the current lister, as anyone wondering about the question on the lister is probably on their way into that thread anyways. They may also just find some interesting news that should be in its own lister, just my opinion. And again, I don't relise how much work would be needed, or what the limitations are for some of these tools, so sorry if I seem unrealistic.