Question Possible solutions to sync all RGB fans?

Jul 23, 2019
Hello,
I recently bought my wife a beast of a gaming PC for work, built it myself, and it all works fine. My first build, and i'm very happy with it! She doesn't care about aesthetics, but I do, because I took pride in my work and want everything to look perfect when i present it to her next week. I'd really like to macgyver it all to work in Asus Aura, but if i need to use 3rd party apps, i'm fine with that as long as she can change things easily.

i5 9th gen intel processor
gigabyte geforce 1660 ti graphics card
Asus z390-a motherboard

The case i got was the v200tg by thermaltake, with three pre-installed thermaltake tt-1225 fans. tried to keep things together by ordering three more RGB riing thermaltake fans, and then a darkflash shadow PWM air cooler.

I know the air cooler needs a 3-pin connector, so i think i'm SOL there. I just wish i could figure out how to change it from rainbow.... any help there would be appreciated.

The motherboard has two 4-pin RGB header ports, but the case itself has a RGB button that controls the three pre-set fans on the front of the unit.

The three thermaltake fans that i bought came with a 3-port controller, which plugs into the motherboard.

At this point, to change colors, i have to hit the RGB front panel button on the tower, then open the case to hit the controller for the two top and rear fans.

Again, my goal is to somehow use software to control all 6 fans at once, and (POSSIBLY, i know its a long shot since my motherboard doesnt have a 3 pin) the shadow air cooler.

Please excuse me if this was a lot of info. I've been lurking on Tom's hardware for years but have never posted, so i apologize if there is any procedure violated or info left out. Would be happy to include more info if needed.

if you've read this far, thank you! any suggestions on parts to pick up or stuff to try is greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I'm not opposed to spending a bit more cash. I saw this like for a 5 pack of darkflash fans with a different control unit; would this serve me better? https://www.amazon.com/Aigo-Perform...id=1563870715&s=electronics&sr=1-1-fkmr0&th=1

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019
Hello,
sorry for the late reply. It seems there's only four inputs on the chassis controller, whereas I would need six. And since the heat sink only has the three pin, i still do not know where to plug that in to get control over the LED.
Can I plug in a 3 port cable to a 4 port slot? i'm hesitant to do so without full understanding.

TRENDING THREADS