[SOLVED] Possible to expand side panel area?

NakedFury

Honorable
Sep 27, 2016
HEllo people.

So I have been trying to find anything related to expanding the side panel area of a PC case.

I was wondering if at all possible I could give it an extra inch of space so I don't have to keep fighting with cable management or looking for space for extra drives.

Solution
Most cases are designed differently from eachother, so there is no universal option. Not that I have ever come across.
An example of an option:
Take off the side panel, drill holes into mounting points and the side panel, insert spacers over some bolts/screws, put panel back on. Optional: Seal the edge seam with cut metal/acrylic/wood. This option would essentially create "standoffs" to hold the panel however far away from the case youd like.
Options are going to vary based on your creativity and ability, as well as your specific case design.

NakedFury

Honorable
Sep 27, 2016
Im assuming you are talking about the "other" side panel, IE behind the motherboard tray correct?
Possible? Sure.
Do you have the proper DIY skills and tools to undertake such a project?
Ohh yeah, if it wasnt clear, the side behind the motherboard.

Well what kind of tools would such a project need?

I was more wondering if it was possible to buy some premade product? Is this not a PC cases thing?

Most cases are designed differently from eachother, so there is no universal option. Not that I have ever come across.
An example of an option:
Take off the side panel, drill holes into mounting points and the side panel, insert spacers over some bolts/screws, put panel back on. Optional: Seal the edge seam with cut metal/acrylic/wood. This option would essentially create "standoffs" to hold the panel however far away from the case youd like.
Options are going to vary based on your creativity and ability, as well as your specific case design.

Solution

NakedFury

Honorable
Sep 27, 2016
An example of an option:

hmmm I can work with that. Mount some spacers and buy some acrylic to make the side covers. Just enough space for hard drives.

Thanks. I had not actually thought about the spacers.

Reactions: Gam3r01