Question POST beep never plays (my delayed reaction)

Jun 14, 2020
I built my current PC back in late 2021 and until today, I never really paid attention to the fact that this system never played any POST beep codes whatsoever. Not when I first built it, and not now. It starts up just fine, no issues, but those beeps just do not play no matter what. All I hear are the fans starting to spin and my bulk drive (mechanical HDD) spinning up, but nothing else.

It's not a pressing issue since everything is working fine right now. However, considering the fact that those codes can be helpful in troubleshooting, I'm just curious if anyone knows of a way to see why they're disabled so I can fix the issue. I've been in the UEFI settings from time to time for various reasons but I don't recall ever toggling (or even seeing) anything related to the codes so I'm not sure what's up. I also tried researching this a bit but couldn't find any topics here, or elsewhere, that relate to this issue.

• Mobo: ASUS Prime B450M-A II
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600g
  • RAM: Teamgroup T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 3200MHz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070

Solution
I built my current PC back in late 2021 and until today, I never really paid attention to the fact that this system never played any POST beep codes whatsoever. Not when I first built it, and not now. It starts up just fine, no issues, but those beeps just do not play no matter what. All I hear are the fans starting to spin and my bulk drive (mechanical HDD) spinning up, but nothing else.

It's not a pressing issue since everything is working fine right now. However, considering the fact that those codes can be helpful in troubleshooting, I'm just curious if anyone knows of a way to see why they're disabled so I can fix the issue. I've been in the UEFI settings from time to time for various reasons but I don't recall ever toggling...

It's not a pressing issue since everything is working fine right now. However, considering the fact that those codes can be helpful in troubleshooting, I'm just curious if anyone knows of a way to see why they're disabled so I can fix the issue. I've been in the UEFI settings from time to time for various reasons but I don't recall ever toggling (or even seeing) anything related to the codes so I'm not sure what's up. I also tried researching this a bit but couldn't find any topics here, or elsewhere, that relate to this issue.

• Mobo: ASUS Prime B450M-A II
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600g
  • RAM: Teamgroup T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 3200MHz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070
Not all MBs come with a beeper built in but most have connection for it and you have to supply one. It's usually just s ingle beep if it passes POST check or multiple in diferent cadence if there is a problem.

Solution