Question POST/boot issues on Asus B650+

Jun 23, 2024
I just can't figure it out. Sometimes the computer just refuses to post, hangs on boot, can see the HD light working, but it won't post. Most of the time, it posts, boots normally, zero issues. Windows is stable as a rock.

But if I change seemingly anything at this point, it will fail to post. Things that have caused this so far:

Enabling PBO
Installing a Windows Update
Even opening the AMD Adrenaline app
Updating drivers (any)
Even opening MSI Afterburner

I have noticed the computer sometimes will not restart even if that option was chosen. Instead it will power down instead of restarting, and this is a 100% sign it will then fail to post. I'm at the end of my rope, I just can't figure it out. Once I get into Windows it's totally fine, but again, if I change almost anything, theres a chance it wont post. The only way to remedy this is to clear the CMOS, even though I didn't change anything in it in the first place. Edit - Running the most stable bios release, 3014 (I've tried all of them).
failing-to-post-issues-with-asus-b650-v0-epjgrnmj03hd1.png

Ralston18

Titan
This motherboard?

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...ME_B650-PLUS_UM_WEB.pdf?model=PRIME B650-PLUS

Verify that I found the applicable User Manual.

First review the User Manual to doublecheck that all installed components are full supported and configured.

Pay close attention to all print print and warnings. Go to the Asus website for more updated information.

= = = =

Noted that you cleared CMOS - did you use the procedure provided on Page 1-4?

There is a CAUTION there and also a NOTE.

Are you able to install a new, fresh CMOS battery?