[SOLVED] POST Code 00 at Power On

Status
Not open for further replies.

pearsons_11114

Honorable
Feb 20, 2014
Building a new machine, only done this once before so think of me as a newb.

• Gigabyte AORUS x570 Master
  • Ryzen 3900x
  • G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C16Q-64GTRSC
  • Biostar Radeon RX 550
  • Samsung 950 Pro.

Installation:
  1. Motherboard.
  2. Power supply. Attached ATX power cord to the motherboard
  3. CPU. I checked for bent pins before installing.
  4. Included CPU cooler. Attached CPU fan connector to CPU fan slot on motherboard. (Props to the designer of the buckle system. Ingeniously smears thermal paste far and wide as you struggle to attach it. I guess the four posts just worked too well.)
  5. Insert two of the memory sticks.
  6. Insert SSD.
  7. Power on.
I was extremely careful and have re-checked every connection. I've tried selectively removing components until I had nothing but the CPU. I uninstalled the cooler and CPU and checked for any damage. From my brief search, 00 means nothing because it could mean anything. I would have first contacted "the" manufacturer, but I don't know which component is failing. Any advice about other things I can check for appreciated.

One other thing. The MB looked pristine out of the box, except for some chrome bits that were covered with the usual thin plastic. On removal I noticed lots of little scratches on one of the pieces, like it maybe I got sold a refurbished MB as new. Except how on earth would those chrome bits inside the case get worn? Weird.

Solution
Both digits are identical and look like zeros to me, but I wonder if D wouldn't look exactly the same, given how primitive the display is. I notice that there is no 00, DD or 0D in the list, so that would be consistent.

I note that CPU power for this board appears to be two 8 pin connectors?
I have not had a requirement for using a connector that broad for the CPU yet, but would assume them to be split 4 pin types that you have to hold together and slide in? I would triple check that all those connectors are both in correctly, and that the cable itself isn't coming out of the connector. Make sure you didn't confuse your PCI (video card) power connector, as they would look much the same. Should be marked.

I hope it's something...

pearsons_11114

Honorable
Feb 20, 2014
2. Power supply. Attached ATX power cord to the motherboard.

Did you plug the CPU power cable too?

Yes. On this power supply and mb the mb and cpu cables are bundled together and the connectors on the mb are adjacent. Should also have mentioned that the cpu cooler fan and lights are working, and the lights on the memory sticks. Graphics card fan as well.

pearsons_11114

Honorable
Feb 20, 2014

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Both digits are identical and look like zeros to me, but I wonder if D wouldn't look exactly the same, given how primitive the display is. I notice that there is no 00, DD or 0D in the list, so that would be consistent.

I note that CPU power for this board appears to be two 8 pin connectors?
I have not had a requirement for using a connector that broad for the CPU yet, but would assume them to be split 4 pin types that you have to hold together and slide in? I would triple check that all those connectors are both in correctly, and that the cable itself isn't coming out of the connector. Make sure you didn't confuse your PCI (video card) power connector, as they would look much the same. Should be marked.

I hope it's something simple like this. Going through a troubleshoot process on this as to what to return, etc. would be a PITA.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.