Question POST cycling

Sep 3, 2024
A few days ago my PC starting restarting itself with no warning. After quite a bit of troubleshooting I figured the most likely cause was just a failing power supply since it was about 5 years old, so I got a new one. After plugging everything in, it pretty much POST cycles infinitely. It will go through all the debug leds, sometimes it will let me into bios and rarely it will even boot. During all this I've: replaced CMOS battery, unplugged HDD (not boot drive, boot drive is NVME), flashed bios, erased boot drive with asus secure erase in bios and clean installed windows (upon finishing installation windows did its normal reboot to complete installation, but then it started POST cycling again and windows wont come up). Prior to this the PC was working perfectly for over a year which leads me to be confident it's not any problem related to RAM seating, CPU seating, GPU seating etc

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Specs:

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F gaming wifi
CPU: AMD R5 7600x
GPU: ASUS RTX 3070
RAM: 2x 16gb gskill trident Z rgb (6400 mhz i believe, currently running at default 4800mhz)
SSD: samsung 970 evo nvme 500gb
Second SSD: WD black 2tb nvme (not boot drive, currently empty)
PSU: thermaltake toughpower sfx 850W platinum rated

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

RAM: 2x 16gb gskill trident Z rgb (6400 mhz i believe, currently running at default 4800mhz)
Can you pass on a link to the ram kit?

BIOS version for your motherboard?

During all this I've: replaced CMOS battery, unplugged HDD (not boot drive, boot drive is NVME), flashed bios, erased boot drive with asus secure erase in bios and clean installed windows (upon finishing installation windows did its normal reboot to complete installation, but then it started POST cycling again and windows wont come up).
Did you recreate the bootable USB installer for your OS to rule out a corrupt installer, later installing the OS in offline mode?

Sep 3, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you pass on a link to the ram kit?

BIOS version for your motherboard?

During all this I've: replaced CMOS battery, unplugged HDD (not boot drive, boot drive is NVME), flashed bios, erased boot drive with asus secure erase in bios and clean installed windows (upon finishing installation windows did its normal reboot to complete installation, but then it started POST cycling again and windows wont come up).
Did you recreate the bootable USB installer for your OS to rule out a corrupt installer, later installing the OS in offline mode?
Hey, I believe this is the RAM kit https://a.co/d/i6fPMrT
Not sure on BIOS version but its the latest one now, when I flashed it I downloaded latest off asus website.

I did recreate windows installation media on USB for the clean install. Not sure what offline mode is exactly but currently my PC is not plugged into ethernet so it was definitely not an online installation.

Now what the PC is doing is it will actually boot to windows but just freeze on a blue screen (not bsod, just blue) or a windows logo screen and do nothing or restart itself automatically