Post Pic of Your Rig, Win a Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 4GB GDDR5 OC

Page 40 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

armirol

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2012
Picture (ugly but i look more for efficiency): http://imgur.com/gClPqxq
I tried a silent rig this time as it's on 24/7
CASE COOLER MASTER RC-550-KKN1
CASE FAN ENERMAX UCTB12P
PSU SEASONIC X750 GOLD 750W
MB GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H Z77
CPU INTEL CORE I5 3570K 3.4G 6M => @4.2GHz
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe"
CASE FAN SILENX EFX-12-15
MEM 4Gx4 GSKILL F3-17000CL9Q-16GBXM
SSD 240G MUSHKIN MKNSSDCR240GB
HD 1T SAMSUNG HD103SJ 32M 7K
Powercolor AX7970 3GBD5-2DHV3
Logitech G19
Logitech G700
Asus MK241H (1920x1200)
I can still play BF4 with very high settings ;)

Vellinious

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
My build:

V72V24d.jpg

924NRUO.jpg

08Y3nUd.jpg

PvaUvzU.jpg

rajlego

Reputable
Apr 13, 2014
Just built my first rig this month. Not very powerful but I am looking to change that! It has an AMD Sempron 145 and 8gb PNY ram. PSU was a cheap 15$ one off amazon. It works well enough.
w3FGlJp.jpg

sorry to tell you this but i think its over already. Also man what size is that screen and do you have a case. (not trying to be rude just asking)

rajlego

Reputable
Apr 13, 2014

That screen is one my uncle gave me (he left one at our house for when he visits). I think it is around 20 inches, maybe a little bit smaller. When I put it together, I wanted to finish it before leaving on vacation. I had the PSU, motherboard, SSD (also given by my amazing uncle!), and CPU lying around. I just had to get some ram before I left to finish putting together. I bought my ram locally at bestbuy (at 75$ wasn't to bad a price for 8gb). I wanted to get my case before I left, but I didn't want to get it locally because I wouldn't have much case choice. So I put all my parts together, and I was amazed when they worked without much trouble (except for some trouble installing the . I ordered a Rosewill Challenger off ebay http://. I got it at a great price which also happened to come with a PSU, optical drive and a floppy drive, all at 45$! I'm thinking of just saving the case for another build i'm planning on making though, with either an intel i5 or i7 and reusing the PSU and ram of my first rig!

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador

Do not use that PSU for a rig with an i5/i7. Using a cheap PSU puts your system at risk, and there's even a good chance it can explode and cause a fire.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Hey there all!

The great and ravenous beast that is Tom's has fed upon your rig pics and is momentarily sated, gorged on the technological glory presented in this thread. Big, big kudos to all who participated!

Pulling each name individually into a single, comma-separated file, the file was then run through a completely random picker with three names, in order, generated (one winner and two backups). 855 total qualified entrants participated.

And the winner of the brand spankin' new Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 4GB GDDR5 OC graphics card is...

TheChrono7!

Congrats and good luck fitting this big honkin' behemoth of a card in your machine, friend! I'll be reaching out shortly to nab your shipping info - keep an eyeball on your private messages and email.

To everyone else, thank you so much for participating. This was a great thread, and we all got to see a lot of the awesomeness of each others rigs, both great stuff and other stuff we should probably not talk about. If you'd like to continue sharing and ogling, head on over to the Member System Gallery in Systems, the granddaddy of rig pics threads here on Tom's.

Thanks again all, and keep your eyes peeled for future giveaways and goodies!

Your humble servant,
Joe Pishgar
Senior Community Manager, Tom's Hardware

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Congratulations! Sad I didn't win, (hopefully he's inactive and I win), haha. Just kidding I am happy with my 2gb hd 7770 and maybe eventually my rig will be awesome enough to house one of those cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS