Question Potential Hardware Conflict

rdonovan1

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2012
I have a Gigabyte B660 X AX Gaming motherboard with an I9 processor and 16 GB of Memory. I'm running windows 11 Enterprise for my operating system and have been running into problems with my wireless keyboard and mouse where they sometimes stop responding for a little while. I've updated the BIOS to F26 and I've run the windows 11 recovery and checked all of my drivers. The wireless keyboard and mouse that I am using is the Logitech MK 335 set. For a while it was working without any problems, but now it's started doing this and I can't figure out as to why. I suspect that the problem is at the hardware level, potentially with a BIOS setting, but I'm not sure as to what the settings are on that motherboard that I should be checking. I've even done the Load BIOS defaults and that hasn't seemed to solve the problem. Because of this issue I've had to revert back to a wired keyboard and mouse.

I'm wondering if anyone here might have any ideas as to what might be causing the problem and what I should be looking at and checking. I suspect that a setting is wrong somewhere and that is causing an I/O conflict, but at the moment I can't prove that or say for sure. The motherboard is brand new. I bought it from Newegg in 2022. Initially I was just using my desktop to copy martial art instructional DVD's to my hard drive, but due to a malfunction with my notebook computer, I've had to revert back to my desktop as my primary computer. I'm trying to figure this out so that I can get back to work on other things that I need to be doing and I've been racking my brains trying to figure this out. I've even purchased a wired keyboard set and a new wireless keyboard set both from Logitech. The wired keyboard and mouse set work perfectly fine with the system. I only seem to encounter this issue with the wireless and I'm not sure as to why or as to what could be the problem.

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas as to what could be causing the problem and what I should be looking at to resolve the issue, I would greatly appreciate it if you could let me know.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you have this installed? https://www.logitech.com/en-us/software/options.html (its the driver software).

I could be wrong...

motherboard has blue tooth via its wifi
Mouse/KB both use a bluetooth dongle? https://www.desertcart.vu/products/72739701-logitech-mk-335 (I would link to logitech but its not on their site, been replaced by 345)

Are you using WIFI or Ethernet? Have you tried using Ethernet cable and detaching the WIFI aerial on Motherboard to see if it makes any difference? (WIFI aerial used for BT since same chip runs both)

Last edited:

rdonovan1

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2012
Do you have this installed? https://www.logitech.com/en-us/software/options.html (its the driver software).

I could be wrong...

motherboard has blue tooth via its wifi
Mouse/KB both use a bluetooth dongle? https://www.desertcart.vu/products/72739701-logitech-mk-335 (I would link to logitech but its not on their site, been replaced by 345)

Are you using WIFI or Ethernet? Have you tried using Ethernet cable and detaching the WIFI aerial on Motherboard to see if it makes any difference? (WIFI aerial used for BT since same chip runs both)
Yes, I am using wifi but I don't think that is the issue. I think this is a hardware conflict as it has done this in Bios itself as well and it's done it with a brand new Logitech MK320 set straight out of the box. The only thing that really makes sense to me with this is some sort of hardware conflict or failure and that's why I've been looking at the settings in Bios and it's why I updated the Bios to F26. Updating the bios should have solved the problem, but the problem still persists.

I've loaded the Bios setup defaults in Bios thinking that would solve the problem, but it still persists and I've done the windows recovery option within windows several times. The only thing that I have not done is completely wipe the hard drive and do a complete reinstall, but if there is a Bios or hardware problem, then that won't solve the issue. I need to first make sure that there is not a hardware issue first.

Usually when stuff like this occurs it's usually because there is a hardware conflict somewhere that is causing the problem. Problems with mice and keyboards not working properly is not a common problem. Usually problems with computers exist outside of the keyboard or mouse.

What I'm trying to do right now is rule out any problems with the hardware.

The only things that I've done hardware wise since i built the system is replace the 3.5 Inch Hard drive with an SSD chip. I also had to shut it down and take out the heat sink and fan to clean them due to a build up of dust and dirt. Outside of that, I've made no other hardware changes other than updating the Bios version to version F26 which is supposed to be the latest version of Bios for this motherboard.

The Logitech Options software that you mentioned does not support the MK 335 or the MK 320, so that is not going to work. In theory, this should be working without any problem using any keyboard or mouse whether wired or wireless. As to what is causing this problem, I don't know. All that I do know is that doing the windows recovery has not solved the problem.

The only things that I can think of to resolve the issue is to either do a complete reinstall of the operating system and to check all the hardware to make sure that that all the hardware is working right and that all the motherboard settings are correct and that's what I'm trying to do first and foremost before I do a complete OS reinstall from scratch.

I hate having to do the OS reinstall from scratch as it often takes forever for the updates to download and install once the OS is reinstalled and that's no guarantee that that's going to solve the problem that I've been encountering.