Question Potential Hardware Failure

Feb 24, 2023
Hey all,

I built a PC roughly 6 months ago and it has been working great with no noticeable issues until this morning.

I fell asleep with the PC running, which is not something I typically do. When I woke up, I went to turn it off but noticed that any/all shortcuts on the desktop were missing. I checked my drives and noticed that my D drive (what I install games only too) was missing from the list. I didn't think much of it and did a restart.

Upon restarting, it loaded to the BIOS screen and but stayed there. I tried entering the BIOS but could not do that, so I went ahead and powered down the machine and left for work. I plan to essentially take the machine apart and put it back together to insure everything is seated correctly, but I'm looking for some insight as to why everything was running super smooth for 6 months and then overnight, its unusable.

I'm not in a crazy rush to get it up and running again, just want to get it fixed eventually. Any suggestions, insight, or general tips are appreciated!

Feb 24, 2023
Motherboard - ASUS Prime Z-590 -P WIFI
CPU - Intel I7-11700K
GPU - TUF RTX 3080 12 GB
RAM - Gskill Ripjaws DDR4 16gb (x2 for 32 gb of ram in total)
PSU - MSI A750GF
OS - Windows 10

Apologies for the late response