Question Potential issues with power supply

Feb 6, 2020
Good day everyone, recently, over a month ago I build a new PC with spec:

x570 Tuf Gaming Wifi
Ryzen 3700x
Noctua U-h12a
Vengeance RGB PRO 3600 16gb
860 EVO SSD
Had RX 5700xt Nitro+, swapped to RTX 2070 super, couldnt stand driver issues any more. (yes I used DDU)
Had a gygabite 650w PSU, now swapped to RIOTORO(basically cheap seasonic)850w Gold, fully modular. Had this for about 3 weeks.

About after about a week of use relays started clicking on PC power on and PC shut down, now 4 days ago I noticed that PSU is behaving in a weird way, on idle it starts to kind of breathe in squence of 3 to 5s, it feels like its coughing, fan would turn on for 1/2 secs, swtich off, repeat. It gets on my nerves because I love peace and quiet thus I got myself an ultra quiet PC build. To make things clear, I got another PSU which is Corsair RM850 to put in and see if issues are still there, and they are. Same weird fan behaving, can it be the motherboard or something? or is it because I swapped Graphics card? it literally started after I replaced graphics card.

Another thing is my motherboards fan started ramping up in noise, anyone has any idea how to lower the speed of the thing?

Thank you in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

FYI, there's no such thing as a cheap Seasonic PSU. If it's cheap it's cut corners. So to be clear, you are working with a Corsair RM850 unit? Which BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Which version of Windows 10 are you working with, as well?

Feb 6, 2020
I have both, yesterday I swapped to RM850 which is behaving in the same pattern as ENIGMA 850
I have the latest version1405 26/11/2019 release BIOS for tuf GAMING x570 WIFI, Latest Windows 10 PRO.

Feb 6, 2020
Close thread please, its the graphic card, spinning up and down to cool itself down, just ran open case and volia. i happen to have gigabyte version which does it.