Question Potentially buying a used 3080 ti Gigabyte eagle with some possible issues.

May 27, 2023
I'm potentially going to be buying a Gigabyte Eagle 3080 ti used from Ebay. I've been talking with the guy and he says he's selling it as it will BSOD after about 30 mins to an hour into gaming. He also says that it will go through an entire 3D Mark test but it won't give him a GPU score. He says that he's already replaced it with a 3080 in his case (sent me a pic with today's date) and that he simply doesn't have time to mess around with it. Guy claims that it wasn't used for mining and he used it for gaming and work (day trading) for about a year and a half before the BSOD started up.

Anyone know of what this could mean for the card and if it's something repairable? Possible BIOS issue or something that could be worked out? The hook here is that I'd be getting a 3080ti for incredibly cheap?

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
I'm potentially going to be buying a Gigabyte Eagle 3080 ti used from Ebay. I've been talking with the guy and he says he's selling it as it will BSOD after about 30 mins to an hour into gaming. He also says that it will go through an entire 3D Mark test but it won't give him a GPU score. He says that he's already replaced it with a 3080 in his case (sent me a pic with today's date) and that he simply doesn't have time to mess around with it. Guy claims that it wasn't used for mining and he used it for gaming and work (day trading) for about a year and a half before the BSOD started up.

Anyone know of what this could mean for the card and if it's something repairable? Possible BIOS issue or something that could be worked out? The hook here is that I'd be getting a 3080ti for incredibly cheap?
The only way to know if it is "fixable" is to know exactly what is wrong with it.

At this point, no one knows.

Unless this thing were $25, pass.

D

Deleted member 2838871

A larger question would be why he just not RMA it. Gigabit like most other manufactures have 3 year warranty.
Even if it came out on day 1 which was june of 2021 it is still under a warranty.

Yep.. and in the case of my 4090… 4 years. I got an extra year for registering it which definitely made it a sweeter deal.

Reactions: Avro Arrow
There's no way on Earth that I would touch a card that had troubles like that. Bill001g rightfully pointed out that the seller should have RMA'd the card but has decided to sell it instead.

This seller sounds like an idiot or a slimeball. Either way, you should steer clear of this seller and do not buy that card!

magbarn

Reputable
Dec 9, 2020
Most likely he's the 2nd or even 3rd owner of said card (which makes him ineligible for a RMA) and it has previously been thoroughly ridden hard and put away wet in a mining farm. At $250, I'd rather get a 6700XT used from a reputable seller who's willing to take returns.