Power adapter light goes off on plugging it into the laptop - Changed Motherboard and battery still same problem

sharmanup

Reputable
Mar 2, 2015
Hi guys

I have Alienware 18 laptop with two GTX880M cards in SLI

It was working well, but one day all of a sudden out of blue it just shut down.

When i tried to start it it wouldn't and then when i tried to plug the power adapter in, the light on the power adapter would go off on plugging it into the laptop.

I replaced the motherboard and installed new battery yesterday, and reassembled all the other parts and components, but it's still doing the same thing. When i tried to plug the power adapter in, the light on the power adapter would go off on plugging it into the laptop.
I have three power adapters and i tried all three of them with different power outlets, still same result.
Even tried plugging in the adapter without battery, still the same result.

Is it possible that maybe one of the graphics card is causing problem, because this laptop has gotten 2 graphics cards and few days ago the area above left side graphics card, was very very hot.

Any ideas/tips/help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks
Anup

sharmanup

Reputable
Mar 2, 2015
Hi Guys

Out of the twoGTX880M cards in SLI, I removed one graphics card which i believe was heating more, and removed the SLI cable and left 1 graphics card in one of the slots, and then put everything back together, and the power adapter issue is not there anymore.

But when i try to start the laptop, i get 1 long beep shortly followed by two small beeps, and the screen remains blank and nothing happens.

Can anyone please help me with this

Thanks
Anup

TRENDING THREADS