Question Power button not working properly

Apr 2, 2019
I turn the switch on on the my power supply then wait a few seconds and press the power button on the front of my case and my PC turns on, all the lights and what not come on, then there is a click and it all shuts off and then powers back on about a second later. My PC is self built and specs are below, this problem seemed on an off for the first few weeks of having my PC but now happens every time I turn it on. What could be causing this and how can I fix it.

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700k @ 5.0GHz
Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2060 OC
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x 8GB)
Cooling: NZXT Kraken x62 280mm
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 80+ Gold
SSD: 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB
HDD: 1x Seagate BarraCuda 2TB
Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 450D
Monitor: Asus PB277Q 27" 1440P 1ms 75Hz
Headset: Corsair HS70
Keyboard: Logitech G213
Mouse: Logitech G302

Apr 2, 2019
I think I may have found out why it happens. When the switch on the power supply is on the lights on the IO shield of my motherboard and the white LEDs above the power cables for my graphics card are on. If I shut down the PC and then turn it back on the power button works fine, I will test tomorrow to see if that happens when I turn the power supply switch on 5 or so minutes before I turn the PC on as I'm not too keen on leaving the power supply on all the time given the lights on the motherboard. Thanks

Turning off the PSU switch is unnecessary. If you're worried about surges, get a surge protector. The only time I flip my PSU switch is when I remember to do it before a lightening storm.

Do the mobo lights stay on for a long period of time? Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the PSU caps the discharge, especially if it's only powering a few low power LEDs. There may also be something in your BIOS to prevent this "always ready" behavior.