Power button problem on PC

Jan 21, 2019
My PC recently toppled over off my desk. Everything seems fine, the mobo rgb and the rgb strip turns on and the monitors detect a standby input, but upon pressing the power switch, it doesnt turn on. I unplugged and replugged the power SW and reset SW and power LEDs and hdd LEDs and I still face the same issue. I tried bridging the power gnd and button with a screwdriver and I might have been using g the wrong one since it had a black bit on the end but nothing happened when I did that. Do I have to replace anything? If so, what. I really hope it's just the case because it's old and dusty while my mobo is quite new and i would really not want to have to buy a new one.

Edit: case is an old cooler master and mobo is rog strix b350f gaming

Solution
If shorting the header didn't turn on the computer then something is wrong. Hopefully it's just something that was knocked loose in the fall. Check your RAM and video card first. If you don't find anything obvious, strip the motherboard of everything except CPU, cooler, and one stick of RAM. Test. If it works, add back one component and retest. Rinse and repeat. Don't forgot to turn off the power supply while plugging and unplugging.
If shorting the header didn't turn on the computer then something is wrong. Hopefully it's just something that was knocked loose in the fall. Check your RAM and video card first. If you don't find anything obvious, strip the motherboard of everything except CPU, cooler, and one stick of RAM. Test. If it works, add back one component and retest. Rinse and repeat. Don't forgot to turn off the power supply while plugging and unplugging.

Solution