[SOLVED] Power cables requirement ?

Apr 9, 2022
Hi All,
Just got hold of an Intel Xeon Phi 7250 which I'm looking at putting on an Intel S7200AP motherboard. To power it up I was looking at getting the FXX1600PCRPS connected with Power Distribution Board (FXXCRPSPDB). There is also a Power Board Node (FH2000NPBAP) which inputs the power to the motherboard. My question is how does the Power Distribution Board connect to the Power Board Node ?

I can see that the output from FXXCRPSPDB is 18 pin however the power input socket on FH2000NPBAP is (as per description from one of the guides) a 6-pin upper blade and 6-pin lower blade. Can someone enlighten me on this please? Are there other parts in between or is it just simply a cable to connect the two and if so please advise on the cable part number or link to that cable which I am after.

Thank you,
Ianous

Solution
Hi All,
Just got hold of an Intel Xeon Phi 7250 which I'm looking at putting on an Intel S7200AP motherboard. To power it up I was looking at getting the FXX1600PCRPS connected with Power Distribution Board (FXXCRPSPDB). There is also a Power Board Node (FH2000NPBAP) which inputs the power to the motherboard. My question is how does the Power Distribution Board connect to the Power Board Node ?

I can see that the output from FXXCRPSPDB is 18 pin however the power input socket on FH2000NPBAP is (as per description from one of the guides) a 6-pin upper blade and 6-pin lower blade. Can someone enlighten me on this please? Are there other parts in between or is it just simply a cable to connect the two and if so please advise on the...

kanewolf

Titan
Hi All,

I can see that the output from FXXCRPSPDB is 18 pin however the power input socket on FH2000NPBAP is (as per description from one of the guides) a 6-pin upper blade and 6-pin lower blade. Can someone enlighten me on this please? Are there other parts in between or is it just simply a cable to connect the two and if so please advise on the cable part number or link to that cable which I am after.

Thank you,
Ianous
Trying to piece together a functioning server by buying parts without a good documentation is usually a waste of money.
Speaking of waste of money -- Xeon Phi CPUs.
I have never seen anybody successfully do what you are proposing. You might a first. Good luck, but don't get your hopes up too high.

Solution