[SOLVED] Power. Computer won't turn on

May 7, 2020
I have a PX30 Toshiba all in one desktop and the red led is on but the computer will not turn on when I press on the start-up button. There is no sound. Is it possible it can be a power supply problem? The ac adapter works because the red led is on my computer. I unplugged it a few times and press the start-up button for 20 seconds, sometimes longer and nothing happens. I need help my manual guide troubleshoot offers me nothing on this problem.

Solution
So to make it clear, this PC has external AC adapter, which apparently works (LED is light up or smth) but PC doesn't. Did you try to measure voltage on adapter output leads ? What's voltage and current rating of it ? You could try to get other adapter with the same voltage and similiar (or higher) current rating and swap the connector (or get converting adapter if there are available, China should have smth).
May 7, 2020
Your best bet would be to contact Toshiba support.
I contacted Toshiba customer support, they said they could not offer me any help since my computer is old I purchased this computer in 2013 is an All In One desktop and Toshiba no longer makes desktops-only laptops. I think I am going to have to take it apart and trash it. I have two laptops 2016 Alienware and 2018 Dell Envy. I don't need a desktop since they are not so popular anymore and my laptop is sufficient. Thanks for your advice and Stay safe

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
So to make it clear, this PC has external AC adapter, which apparently works (LED is light up or smth) but PC doesn't. Did you try to measure voltage on adapter output leads ? What's voltage and current rating of it ? You could try to get other adapter with the same voltage and similiar (or higher) current rating and swap the connector (or get converting adapter if there are available, China should have smth).

Solution
May 7, 2020
I will check to measure my adapter voltage output leads or replace it. I will get back to you. Thanks again and take care.

Just because one LED lights up, I wouldn't assume it's NOT the power supply.

It's not like the power adapter for the AIO is not available to purchase separately.

You could get another power brick, see if it fixes the problem and if it doesn't, you know it's something else. Probably the motherboard.