Question Power issue with Asus laptop ?

ssmitty

Honorable
Aug 30, 2014
Good evening. I have a Asus Q536f. I am having a power problem. I have power at the charging port. 19.47, however there is only .16v at the battery connection. I have tried a few of the normal checks on no power no boot. like taking battery, holding power button etc. I thought it could be the RAM however it has on board memory and is not removable. any tips would be much appreciated. thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
Is the laptop in question yet under warranty? If not then you will need to source a replacement battery. If you're certain that the battery isn't charging, then it's possible that the circuitry might be damaged to prevent charging or that the battery doesn't want to charge(due to age).

ssmitty

Honorable
Aug 30, 2014
Is the laptop in question yet under warranty? If not then you will need to source a replacement battery. If you're certain that the battery isn't charging, then it's possible that the circuitry might be damaged to prevent charging or that the battery doesn't want to charge(due to age).
I removed the battery ND tried to power on and still nothing. so I am not sure what else to try