Question power issue??

macdiva

Honorable
Feb 21, 2018
Recently when trying to boot up my computer by pushing the tower's power button, the system starts for a brief second then goes off completely. The fans, LEDs, etc come on for that partial second then everything goes off. If I turn off the
PSU then wait a few seconds, then turn back on at the PSU occasionally it will boot up. Today it took several tries at doing this until it started up. Files and the system (OS) seem fine. Is this a pwer button issue with the tower or a mobo issue, PSU?? Please advise. Thank you

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
Please include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

If I turn off the PSU then wait a few seconds, then turn back on at the PSU occasionally it will boot up. Today it took several tries at doing this until it started up.
Do you get a mild tingling sensation when you touch the metal part of your case/system and your feet are making contact with a bare(non-wooden, non-carpeted)tiled floor?

macdiva

Honorable
Feb 21, 2018
No tingling on sensation on pressing

My specs are here:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Mobo: Asus Rog Strix B550 WiFi
PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus 850 gold 1 year old
RAM: 4-Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600 32Gb (total)
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X52
SSD/HDD: Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
GPU: EVGA FW3 Ultra Gaming
Case: Fractal Design Define R6
Mon: Acer Nitro 27” xv272u

Last edited:

macdiva

Honorable
Feb 21, 2018
Recently when trying to boot up my computer by pushing the tower's power button, the system starts for a brief second then goes off completely. The fans, LEDs, etc come on for that partial second then everything goes off. If I turn off the

PSU then wait a few seconds, then turn back on at the PSU occasionally it will boot up. Today it took several tries at doing this until it started up. Files and the system (OS) seem fine. Is this a pwer button issue with the tower or a mobo issue, PSU?? The entire system is about one year old.
Please advise. Thank you

My specs are here:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x

Mobo: Asus Rog Strix B550 WiFi

PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus 850 gold 1 year old

RAM: 4-Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600 32Gb (total)

Cooler: NZXT Kraken X52

SSD/HDD: Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb

GPU: EVGA FW3 Ultra Gaming

Case: Fractal Design Define R6

Mon: Acer Nitro 27” xv272u

Lutfij

Titan
No tingling on sensation on pressing
I didn't ask about the sensation happening when pressing the button, I meant when you touch the metal part of the chassis while your feet are making contact with a tiled, non-carpeted, non-wooden floor.

Please stick to one thread unless you want to create spaghetti brains.