Question Power issue

Jan 1, 2023
So when I plug in my cpu power cable in the mother board goes dark and won’t boot into bios, when it is left unplugged the motherboard turns on and I have lights and everything.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums and a Happy New Year, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
if the PSU's been in service for a while, please include the age of the unit apart from it's make and model.

If any of the parts are used, please specify them as well.

DSzymborski

Titan
Let's get complete specs and a history of the problem; you don't even give us the slightest hint whether this is a new build or a 10-year-old PC having issues. We're not at your desk and only know what you tell us. So if you tell us nothing, we know nothing.

Jan 1, 2023
everything is brand new

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x
Motherboard: MPG X570 gaming pro carbon wifi
Ram: 2x g.skill ripjaws (each are 16gb)
SSD/HDD: Samsung 970 evo plus (2tb)
GPU: gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060
PSU: EVGA 750 watt bq series
Chassis:Corsair t220 icue
Monitor:TCL 24 in tv

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2023
You really need to make some effort into telling us more about this, history of the issue, etc.

If you don't, you won't get many more responses here. Help us to help you.

So what happened was I bought all BRAND NEW parts for my new pc build and once I put it all together I noticed nothing was getting power. At first I thought it was a bad pcu but with testing I figured out that it was fine because after unplugging the cpu power cord from the motherboard everything got power. I had lights, gpu was on, everything worked except the cpu. I don’t know if it’s a bad motherboard or cpu. But if I plug the cpu power cable back in everything dies. I don’t know what to do.