Question Power issues with new 4070 Ti ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2022
Hey gang, just upgraded my 2080 super to a 4070 Ti. It comes with a 3 x 8-pin connectors but with all 3 plugged in, all pc does is click and doesn't start up. With two of the 8-pins connected the computer starts but with black screen. PSU is thermaltake tough power 850. Motherboard is a Rox Strix z-390 h gaming. I put 2080 super back in and computer works.
I just ordered a 1000watt psu. Any suggestions??

th3reaperskullpt

Prominent
Dec 27, 2022
Hey gang, just upgraded my 2080 super to a 4070 Ti. It comes with a 3 x 8-pin connectors but with all 3 plugged in, all pc does is click and doesn't start up. With two of the 8-pins connected the computer starts but with black screen. PSU is thermaltake tough power 850. Motherboard is a Rox Strix z-390 h gaming. I put 2080 super back in and computer works.
Jokes aside, do you have any feedback after buying 1000w?

ak195

Distinguished
Recommended stable PSU requirement is 850watt PSU for that GPU, it should work. If there's a way to test it on another system then its good, otherwise test it with you new PSU.
If it didn't worked with your new PSU, then replace it with 3000 series GPU, if possible.
As I have heard some issues with those 4000 series GPUs, so better not to take those and go towards RTX 3000 series.

th3reaperskullpt

Prominent
Dec 27, 2022
How about posting some links in order to back up your accusations.

I don't know why you mentioned me (probably because you were offended by what I said.) "how dare you talk about my favorite brand", since I didn't even talk about connections or power cables. lol
You end up being too boring so easily that you bother what is said, you have money to spend on this new generation, go ahead and nobody stops you, but then don't come here whining that nothing works LOL
You seem to forget how much the GTX 1000 cost every year, we have considerable increases for each generation and this new generation will sell little or nothing. As is currently happening with the Ryzem 7000 processors and comparison with the 5000.
I do not recommend these new generations for two reasons, overprice and selling the product in any way.

A tip I give you is to try connecting the PC to another plug in your house. See if it resolves.
If you already have the PSU and you solved the problem cool.

Last edited:
I don't know why you mentioned me (probably because you were offended by what I said.) "how dare you talk about my favorite brand", since I didn't even talk about connections or power cables. lol
You end up being too boring so easily that you bother what is said, you have money to spend on this new generation, go ahead and nobody stops you, but then don't come here whining that nothing works LOL
You seem to forget how much the GTX 1000 cost every year, we have considerable increases for each generation and this new generation will sell little or nothing. As is currently happening with the Ryzem 7000 processors and comparison with the 5000.
I do not recommend these new generations for two reasons, overprice and selling the product in any way.

A tip I give you is to try connecting the PC to another plug in your house. See if it resolves.
If you already have the PSU and you solved the problem cool.
You came into this thread and advised against the OP's already purchased RTX 4070 Ti. Now show us another $800 card that gives this performance.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/kV...-ti-12-gb-video-card-tuf-rtx4070ti-12g-gaming

average-fps_2560_1440.png

Reactions: GarrettL

th3reaperskullpt

Prominent
Dec 27, 2022
You came into this thread and advised against the OP's already purchased RTX 4070 Ti. Now show us another $800 card that gives this performance.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/kV...-ti-12-gb-video-card-tuf-rtx4070ti-12g-gaming

average-fps_2560_1440.png

That's what I say, stop fanaticism, that's what it was, it looks like there's a brand commission coming here to defend it. Read what I wrote well and stop crying, I never spoke about the performance but the price, but rather in relation to the price.

If you had read the part where I said "you have the money and if you want to buy it, go ahead and nobody stops you. I won't let you give my opinion because it makes you uncomfortable lol, I just made a joke right after" jokes aside, do you have any feedback ".

CDDogg

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2015

I’m having the exact same issue, we’re you able to solve it?

Jul 16, 2022
got it to work on the 850 PSU. so sent the 1000 back. i did resolve the issue. I ran 3 single 8 pin connectors straight to PSU to card and it worked. Before only run 2 with a pick tail attached.

got it to work on the 850 PSU. so sent the 1000 back. i did resolve the issue. I ran 3 single 8 pin connectors straight to PSU to card and it worked. Before only run 2 with a pick tail attached.
I want to say I read somewhere that for converting to an 12VHPWR cable, you should use separate separate PCIe Aux power cables per connector.

However, if you'd like a cleaner solution, I recommend getting one of these https://www.thermaltake.com/sleeved-pcie-gen-5-splitter-cable.html . And if you don't mind waiting for one, CableMod has 90/180 degree connectors so you don't have to worry about the clearance issue with these cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.