power of RSX: ps3 GPU+ other questions

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sliv_23

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010

this one goes to mike I'm sorry but in regards to what you just said about the ps3 graphics performance I'm going to hve to say that what you said has almost now grounds whats so ever how can you state that the ps3 graphics power match the xbox 360's ok you've stated that games like gears of war and mass effect, and even pgr3 ae infact much better in performance and over all round yeah but when you dropped the bio shock as another game which is better I had to smile to myself in a sarcastic way, its cross format not even early in the console lifetime cross format both gmes run the SAME man give and take lol please lol give me a break your a fanboy... right ? lol anyways back to the point Gears of war is one of a best games that I liked for the graphics but I think we all know that ps3 could make this game work on their platform just as good and infact with gears 2 they could of done a better job why because your gonna hate me for saying this but ps3 would of taken advantage of the space for data whic is BLU-RAY about 4 times a much space to put higher polyons on bigger maps I'm sorry but if you look at gears 2 to can clearing see that they ran out of space on that crappy duel layer disc........ same goes for Halo3 nice game but should of been on lol 2 or even 3 disc to mess sony up..

stoogie

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
my personal experience comparing Sacred 2 on xbox 360 and ps3, the ps3 gets more frames and has WAY WAY less loading(thankyou blu ray). the ps3's gpu is like a underclocked 7800gt while the xbox 360 is like a 7600gt, so the ps3 is slightly more powerful