Power options,change processor state(min-max)

damian86

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
hi,i have Windows 7 on my rig, when i go to set my power options,and change the minimum processor state or max,i only have the option 'system cooling policy',but not the minimum and maximum state.
On my other desktop i can see these options.
clicked on change settings that are not available link and it did not appear either.?

Solution
did you ever get your answer? I'm having hte same problem w/ my parents' dell vostro 200 system. The processor is always running at full speed. I'm using windows 7 x64 w/ an E5200 processor.

evident

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2008
did you ever get your answer? I'm having hte same problem w/ my parents' dell vostro 200 system. The processor is always running at full speed. I'm using windows 7 x64 w/ an E5200 processor.

Solution

KIND70

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
Code:
Processor Power Management, you will see three settings: Minimum Processor State, Maximum Processor State and System Cooling Policy.

The Minimum Processor State and Maximum Processor State settings can be used to lock the system processors into a specific processor throttle state. The default values vary from 5% (minimum) to 100% (minimum or maximum) depending on the Power

KIND70

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
Code:
Processor Power Management, you will see three settings: Minimum Processor State, Maximum Processor State and System Cooling Policy.

The Minimum Processor State and Maximum Processor State settings can be used to lock the system processors into a specific processor throttle state. The default values vary from 5% (minimum) to 100% (minimum or maximum) depending on the Power