Question power pin got off

BardiaMGTGC

Prominent
Aug 5, 2019
i got my pc to change thermal paste and i had problems i reset bios and fixed
but my power cable to motherboard was loose at first but now its completly cut off the case what should i do
deep cool d shield

You just need to reattach it. Splice it back together. If it were me I would use solder and heat shrink to protect it. However you can just strip the wires back and twist them together and use a wire nut, or even electrical tape if you want. They just need to make a connection and be protected so they can't touch other things again.

I'm assuming when you say "power cable" you actually mean the wires that run to power switch / button. There is no "power" that flows through there, so no real risk or worry. It's just grounded when you press the button.

BardiaMGTGC

Prominent
Aug 5, 2019
You just need to reattach it. Splice it back together. If it were me I would use solder and heat shrink to protect it. However you can just strip the wires back and twist them together and use a wire nut, or even electrical tape if you want. They just need to make a connection and be protected so they can't touch other things again.

I'm assuming when you say "power cable" you actually mean the wires that run to power switch / button. There is no "power" that flows through there, so no real risk or worry. It's just grounded when you press the button.
for now i just connected the reset button wire to power pins on motherboard to turn pc on with reset button
but umm what do u mean by slicing it i dont understand my english isnt really good what is solder and heat shrink
if u can send me like a youtube video or something it will help me a lot

BardiaMGTGC

Prominent
Aug 5, 2019

so one of my friends helped me and its workingagain but when i put reset wire in its pin it starts the pc whenever i flip power supply button and no display so i just didnt plugged that in any solution

TRENDING THREADS