Power Plan Changes on it's own

goldenp

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018
the title basically says it all. after a while RANDOMLY the power plan changes itself to "power saving" from "Stable". HELP??? why does it change on its own?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you have Samsung SSD with Magician installed? some older versions of it used to allow you to set PC up to match certain tasks like high performance storage, and these modes would mess with power plans. The newer versions of the software has removed this feature.

goldenp

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018
no i dont have it. its a new pc only 1 year old even less. i have a SENSE monitor

Colif

Win 11 Master
Is this a laptop? or brand name PC? If its custom, what are the specs? If brand name, what make/model?

Only ask as the 3 default power settings are Balanced, Power saver or High Performance

I can't find anything mentioning "stable" as a choice in power plans. Knowing what you are using might help

goldenp

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018

by stable i meant balanced.... anyway, do you know what might cause the problem>

Colif

Win 11 Master
See if this helps

right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

Try resetting the plans to defaults and see if it stops it
1. Click on "Start".
2. Type "CMD" without quotation marks.
3. Right click on "CMD" and select "Run as administrator".
4. In the command prompt please type "powercfg -restoredefaultschemes" without quotation marks and hit "Enter"
5. Close the Command Prompt and restart your computer

Have you noticed if it happens after windows updates? Windows itself might be changing it after updating windows.