Power problem with new build

Blackhawk375

Prominent
Jul 21, 2017
I have built a new gaming system and am having a power issue. Whenever the system goes to sleep it won't wake up. I cannot reset the power or even turn it off and back on. It seems to stay in sleep mode even with a hard power reset (hold power button for 5 seconds). The only solution I have found to get the system to power back on is to physically unplug the power cord from the back of the system and leave it unplugged for several minutes and then plug it back in and power it up.

My build consists of the following:

i5-7600k CPU
Asus TUF z270 mark 2 MB
16GB Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 3000MHz
Thermaltake TR2 600W PS
Patriot Spark SATA III 120GB SSD system drive
WD Caviar Blue 320GB 7200RPM SATA II data drive
EVGA GTX 1050Ti 4GB GPU
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Just a little info, if you have to shutdown more times:
Hold power button till it shuts down to hard power off.
Also the power supply has a ON/OFF switch where the power plug is, so you won´t need to unplug the power cable. Switch to OFF and press the front panel power button for few seconds while off. Switch on the power on the back to ON again.Power on the PC.

Was Windows freshly installed with this system?

Is it overclocked?

Set the RAM to 2400MHz

BIOS up to date?

Check SSD the tool of Patriot:
https://patriotmemory.com/product/spark-solid-state-drives/

Blackhawk375

Prominent
Jul 21, 2017

Thank you for the response. It is a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro, with the exception being that I started with Windows 8.1 Pro and then used the free upgrade to 10 Pro.
I have set the RAM to 3000MHz, but will try your suggestion of 2400MHz. I'm curious why you think this would cause the issue I am having?
The BIOS is up to date
I will try the Patriot link you posted.

I have tried most of the suggestions you made in the beginning, but I will try them all again. I will report back when I have updated informaton.

Blackhawk375

Prominent
Jul 21, 2017

Ok thanks... I was assuming this was the native speed for this memory since that is what was listed on the retail packaging. I've never known manufacturers to list OC speeds on retail packaging. I haven't built a system in a few years though. I have a picture of the original packaging if there is a way to upload it to the thread directly.

I found a link to an image online that looks identical to my package.
20-236-077-04.jpg

Blackhawk375

Prominent
Jul 21, 2017

Ok thank you for that assistance. The motherboard shows everything above 2133MHz as an OC speed for the memory. I have set the BIOS back to the default setting of Auto for the memory speed and it is now showing at 2133MHz. I have also verified that I am running the most updated BIOS version for this MB with version 0906. After doing this, the system again failed to restart. I was able to power it back up by using your suggestion of the power switch on the PSU and then holding down the power button on the PC case for a few seconds. That is a little easier than unplugging it completely, but still not ideal. I'm still at a loss as to why this is happening.

Would uninstall all drivers listed in the windows uninstall list and install those again freshly for windows 10

all windows updates done so far?

which anti virus solution are you using?

Any tools like ccleaner or other "tuning" apps used before?

eventually reset windows to default and start from scratch