[SOLVED] Power saving after windows logo

Oct 29, 2019
Hi,

I was changing my pc case today.
So after transferring to my new case, my system boots fine up to the windows logo.
But straight after the windows logo, my monitor goes straight into power saving mode.

When i went into bios, i also noticed my CPU temps appearing as 100 degrees celsius. I've tried resitting the CPU and changing out the thermal paste.

Im not sure if these 2 are seperate issues or the same issue. Can anyone help me please?

Oct 29, 2019
Temperature is definitely your issue. When you reinstalled the cpu and cpu cooler did you clean them before applying new thermal paste? What cooler are you installing to the cpu? What is the exact cpu model?
I did clean the cpu and cooler before applying new thermal paste.
Im using a H100i with i7 6700K.

I did clean the cpu and cooler before applying new thermal paste.
Im using a H100i with i7 6700K.
Was there a backplate for the cooler attached to the back of the motherboard previously before you switched cases? Did you evenly tighten down the thumbscrews to the backplate? If you know you did everything properly but the temp problem still exists my guess would be that the radiator pump inside of the cooler died in the move. If you turn on your computer can you hear the pump inside the cooler pumping?

Oct 29, 2019
Was there a backplate for the cooler attached to the back of the motherboard previously before you switched cases? Did you evenly tighten down the thumbscrews to the backplate? If you know you did everything properly but the temp problem still exists my guess would be that the radiator pump inside of the cooler died in the move. If you turn on your computer can you hear the pump inside the cooler pumping?
Hmm i did guess the pump might have died. But i cant really tell if the pump is still working. I will try to hear it again later. Im guessing it might be time for a new cooler then.