Power supply for zotac gtx 1060 amp edition

paliwaldushyant7

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017
Hello respected members,

I have a cooler master thunder 450w psu with the 12v rail doing 21A and shows 36w max power, the 12v2 is at 18A ...will this psu be enough for a gtx1060 6gb which uses 120w(I'm more concerned about the amps it needs).

I have a skylake i3 6100, H110 MSi motherboard 2x 16gb 2133mhz ddr4 memory, 4 fans , 1 hdd, 1 dvd drive and 1 ssd with standard mouse and keyboard.

Solution
For India, the CX450m is maybe your best budget option. Better though, probably by a long shot, would be almost any 450w or higher Seasonic or Super Flower unit. I'm betting, giving your budget restrictions, that the CX or CXm will be your best bet if you don't want to have it imported though. There might be other options, been a little while since I looked at what was available regionally there, but the last time I checked those were the only reasonably priced regionally available units. Certainly you can find Seasonic, Super Flower, EVGA, Antec or FSP units, of specific models that are good, but they are also going to likely be significantly more expensive.

If you get a CX or CXm unit, try to make sure that it's one of the newer...

paliwaldushyant7

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017

how long have i had it, As long as i've tried searching for its box and bill and i can't find it so its old yeah...possibly out of warranty too. AS i stay in India Im not buying a new gtx 1060 as it will add another 100-120 dollars of customs and import charges and gpu will cost me over 400 dollars so i'm going for the used pc market. Getting a year old gpu for 260 dollars(can't get a better daeal here).

What else can i get as a psu for this gpu a corsair cx 430 or 450 will suffice as its a bronze certified PSU? a cooler master 80+ white ? with the MWE series?

For India, the CX450m is maybe your best budget option. Better though, probably by a long shot, would be almost any 450w or higher Seasonic or Super Flower unit. I'm betting, giving your budget restrictions, that the CX or CXm will be your best bet if you don't want to have it imported though. There might be other options, been a little while since I looked at what was available regionally there, but the last time I checked those were the only reasonably priced regionally available units. Certainly you can find Seasonic, Super Flower, EVGA, Antec or FSP units, of specific models that are good, but they are also going to likely be significantly more expensive.

If you get a CX or CXm unit, try to make sure that it's one of the newer models, not the older CX or CXm from 2015 or older.

Solution