Sep 20, 2019
Hey guys👋 when i'm playing games (any game) my pc turns off so soon and i have to plug Power Supply cable out, then plug it in again to turn pc on. i clean my computer once in a month, i also checked power supply fans and they are working well (y) what can i do? :hihi:

mangaman

Honorable
Hello Kukieli, and welcome to the forms.

A 400w PSU isn't enough information. What PSU model exactly? EVGA, Seasonic, Corsair? We need the model name too so we can diagnose the issue.

Example: Corsair CX450M, EVGA 400N1, Seasonic S12III 450w

mangaman

Honorable
I've honestly never heard of KMEX power supplies before. I tell many people to stay away from unknown PSU brands, as they are usually made with the cheapest materials and lack no protection what so ever. The fact that KMEX does not even have an 80 PLUS certification, tells me that it uses very cheap quality components.

Doing some further research, all KMEX PSU's don't even have PFC (Power Factor Correction). You can read more about that on this site -> https://www.sunpower-uk.com/glossary/what-is-power-factor-correction/

How long have you had this PSU, and what country do you live in? I ask this because many users on these forms are from around the world, and can't access some well known PSU brands.

Hey guys👋 when i'm playing games (any game) my pc turns off so soon and i have to plug Power Supply cable out, then plug it in again to turn pc on. i clean my computer once in a month, i also checked power supply fans and they are working well (y) what can i do? :hihi:
Hello mangaman sorry for late response, here have image of my psu specs

https://postimg.cc/gLyXVQcB

That is a horrible PSU.

The fact that it's shutting down requiring you to unplug and replug the PSU points directly to a failed PSU.

Replace the PSU. This time with something decent.

Sep 20, 2019
I've honestly never heard of KMEX power supplies before. I tell many people to stay away from unknown PSU brands, as they are usually made with the cheapest materials and lack no protection what so ever. The fact that KMEX does not even have an 80 PLUS certification, tells me that it uses very cheap quality components.

Doing some further research, all KMEX PSU's don't even have PFC (Power Factor Correction). You can read more about that on this site -> https://www.sunpower-uk.com/glossary/what-is-power-factor-correction/

How long have you had this PSU, and what country do you live in? I ask this because many users on these forms are from around the world, and can't access some well known PSU brands.

I have this computer for like 7 years, i bought it online from someone else and i have never changed psu yet 😁😁 i live in Georgia (country)

mangaman

Honorable
I have this computer for like 7 years, i bought it online from someone else and i have never changed psu yet 😁😁 i live in Georgia (country)

Well considering it's a bad PSU and you had it for 7 years, it's time for something better.

If you have access to it, are you able to buy a Corsair CX gray labeled PSU? If you are tight on money, I highly recommend the gray labeled CX series from corsair. They are pretty decent and come with a 5 year warranty. For your setup, I would not bother getting anything higher than 450w. Unless you plan to upgrade your PC in the near future, with something much more powerful.

However, don't get the old CX green labeled ones, as those are plagued with problems.

Sep 20, 2019
Well considering it's a bad PSU and you had it for 7 years, it's time for something better.

If you have access to it, are you able to buy a Corsair CX gray labeled PSU? If you are tight on money, I highly recommend the gray labeled CX series from corsair. They are pretty decent and come with a 5 year warranty. For your setup, I would not bother getting anything higher than 450w. Unless you plan to upgrade your PC in the near future, with something much more powerful.

However, don't get the old CX green labeled ones, as those are plagued with problems.

Well thank you sm for advice, hopefully i will buy it in the near future because right now i'm not really good with money ( im just 16 year old ) i'm planning to get a job so i'll buy it as soon as i can (y).