[SOLVED] Power Supply Replaced

chr1s984

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2014
Hi All, really need some help. Recently I stupidly pluged a power lead in first to the wall then the back of the pc which caused a huge spark and the pc would not turn on, so I changed the power supply from a 500w to a 600w. All installed but the issue now is the CPU fan spins for one second and stops. No lights on mother board either. I've isolated all the other components but when I unpluggled the graphics card the CPU fan wouldn't spin all, any one have any ideas what's going on here?

Solution
the issue now is the CPU fan spins for one second and stops.
good chance you fried the motherboard and it cannot get past that slight surge when initially powered on.

there's also the chance that every other connected component is also fried.
test each in a separate system and see if the memory, drives, graphics card and everything else directly connected to the power supply survived.
if you can't find one readily available, a local shop should be able to test them for you.
the issue now is the CPU fan spins for one second and stops.
good chance you fried the motherboard and it cannot get past that slight surge when initially powered on.

there's also the chance that every other connected component is also fried.
test each in a separate system and see if the memory, drives, graphics card and everything else directly connected to the power supply survived.
if you can't find one readily available, a local shop should be able to test them for you.

Solution
Hi All, really need some help. Recently I stupidly pluged a power lead in first to the wall then the back of the pc which caused a huge spark and the pc would not turn on, so I changed the power supply from a 500w to a 600w. All installed but the issue now is the CPU fan spins for one second and stops. No lights on mother board either. I've isolated all the other components but when I unpluggled the graphics card the CPU fan wouldn't spin all, any one have any ideas what's going on here?

What PSUs?